Chapter 34 || Paycheck

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!!! ♥️

————

"You do," I reply, with a slight eye roll. "Adrian, be a dear and get me my shirt from that corner over there."

"Do it yourself."

"What- No! I'm near naked!" I sputter but that only makes him smirk. "Adrian Black, you better go and get me my fucking clothes like the decent man you are."

"I'm not decent. I'll admire your body while you go and get your clothes," He confesses frankly.

"You pervert!"

"Your pervert."

"I hope you choke on something!"

"I'd rather have you choking on my d-" He begins to tease.

"LALALALALA! I don't hear what you're saying!" I sing, closing my ears with my hands. "Fine, I'll go get them myself!" I hiss at him, self consciously rolling out bed, still in my underwear and bra.

I feel so flat... I bet Ava was sexier in her underwear than me. When I turn back around and walk towards the bed, I cover my chest with my shirt in my hand. "Stop staring," I grumble monotonously.

"I was just admiring how gorgeous you look," He tells me truthfully. I slip into my shirt, but don't wear my jeans. Who wears jeans this early in the morning? I still criss cross next to Adrian, leaning against his shoulder. He glances at the scars on my legs, mostly the burn scar and frowns.

"You do know that they don't hurt anymore? Physically."

"If your dad asked for forgiveness, would you forgive him?" He asks me. Ha! If my dad asked for forgiveness? That's impossible.

"I don't know. I don't know what he's like sober, so I'm not sure if I would forgive him then. He did so much damage to me, but he was fighting wars himself. I was just caught in the crossfire."

"You're so thoughtful," He kisses my forehead and butterflies erupt in my stomach again. Damn!

"We should start heading home now," I start. "I have work at nine until six."

"Take a day off."

"I can't. I need the money."

"Move in with me," He offers.

"No, I can't," I sigh. "I just moved out. I'm not coming back. Let's just go, I'll brush my teeth and shower. You should get ready too," I let out a really loud yawn. "That reminds me, did I kick you off the bed last night?"

He shakes his head. "I like the floor." Don't we all? It keeps us from sinking into the earth. I pat the floor affectionately.

"Oh, I see," I nod. "Well, Addy-Baddy, I'll see you after my shower I guess."

————

I fell asleep in the car while listening to whatever Adrian was playing on the radio. I mean, ew?! I think he was listening to rap songs. The entire song was written in curse words.

Then he increases the volume, and begins to rap along. No! My ears!

"My innocent ears! I've never heard so many fucking curse words in my entire fucking life! What bitch ass fucker is singing this? This shit weaker than my ribs!" I groan.

"You said more curse words than in the entire song."

"Touche."

Adrian takes an exit that we weren't supposed to take. "Adrian, that's the wrong exit."