Mystic Falls

"Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate?" Malia spoke on the other side of the phone.

"Uh, I'd like to know too." Kira said softly.

"I think we all would, so who the hell is she?" I added.

"Well, we were at her funeral. So I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground." Stiles told us.

"Are you sure she was in it?" Damon asked.

There was a silence for a few seconds while they all thought.

"She was never in it." Scott concluded.

"She was Allison's aunt, and a total sociopath." Lydia started.

"You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." Kira spoke.

"Um, yes he does." Malia interrupted.

"Just get on with it and tell us what happened." I started getting frustrated.

"Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family." Stiles started again.

"Some of them survived, like Cora and Peter." Scott continued.

"A very angry Peter." Lydia added.

"Yeah, he's the one who bit and turned me-"

"And the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her." Lydia interjected.

"And we saw her buried." Stiles finished.

"No, we saw a casket, remember? She wasn't in it." Scott reminded him.

"The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure that she was really dead. Her body was healing more and more as she got closer to the full moon. She was coming back. So, they switched the bodies. If a hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras, they treat the code like law. They make it their responsibility to enforce it." Scott explained.

"Good for her, I wouldn't do it either." Malia stated.

"Would you kill a half-dozen people to get out? Because that's what she did." Scott asked.

"I would." Damon spoke.

I gave him a look to be quiet, Scott does not kill people and he does not trust people who do. I haven't killed in front of him, probably why he somewhat trusts me.

The car suddenly skid as we hit something. Damon slammed on the breaks to stop us from swerving off the road.

"Uhh guys?"

"What happened?" Scott questioned.

"Damon might have hit something, you guys go ahead, we'll catch up."

"Alright, be safe." Stiles replied.

I hang up the phone and got out the car to see what we hit. I looked around the car and didn't see anything wrong with the car. Damon was now opening the mask to check if something happened there but it looked fine.

"So what the hell happened?" I asked, annoyed.

"I don't know."

"Great, so now I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with you. Just my luck."

"You didn't have to feed me your blood."

"You were dying, Damon."

"So?"