CH.24

He was back inside his mind again. This time he was standing in front of a shadow in a pure white place, he looked around him until his eyes fell on the smirking shadow standing confidently with his hands in his pockets.

"What?" He asked the shadow in annoyance.

"No dreaming for you today, tsk tsk tsk, poor you." The shadow shook his head in a mocking manner, making him annoyed .

"Do I look like I care?" He replied to the shadow.

"Actually, you do. You wouldn't have been looking for her since the day you turned what?..." the shadow put an index finger on his shin as if thinking.

"Shut the fuck up!" He got so mad that he was close to attacking the shadow, but the shadow dodged casually, moving to the other side.

"You~ missed~" with a wicked laugh he said.

And before he woke up, he saw the shadow grow wings, a tail hiding behind him and horns...the smirk not leaving his face.

Darkon woke up startled. He was breathing heavily, heart beating vigorously as he sat up, both his hands on his face. he tried to regulate his breathing, but to no avail. He closed his eyes and chuckled.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." He put his hands down in the air as if calming someone. Suddenly his smiling face transformed into an angry scowl.

"I won't let you out today." He said to no one in the room,

But himself....

__________________________________________
Just as she thought Argentina couldn't sleep this night, she had many things running through her mind. She glances at Merla who was sleeping next to her then to the ceiling, to look at her again in hesitation.

"Merla, are you awake?" Argentina asked timidly.

"Yes, you can't sleep, too?" Merla replied with quietness. Most of the time Merla was the happy one of the kids, so Argentina seeing her change after the illusion practice felt very peculiar.

"You...why are you so silent these days?" Argentina asked trying to open up a conversation to the question in her mind. After a minute of silence, she could feel Merla shift beside her with a sigh, she brought a candle and lit it up. Before sitting up looking in front of her as of she is shocked or taken back.

"You are asking because of how silent I was in aun- I mean, master Saraya's lessons, right?" She asked still absent mindedly.

"No, not only that. Even before, in Sir Darkon's class." Merla looked at Argentina as she sat up next to her.

"Oh, the illusion, right?" Merla was breaking into cold sweat.

But Argentina surprised her, "no, even before that. When he was talking to us, you never wondered why was his eyes glowing?" Argentina was not a stupid person, and she wouldn't just hide a fact, or not say what should not be said. She was annoyed, every time she tried to ask Darkon or any of the guardian's about the changed personality and glowing eyes she saw three times until now since she met Darkon, they would dodge her question. This time she will not allow someone that knew something dodge her again.

"You have a keen eye, don't you?" Merla looked older than her thirteen year old self at this moment, fear did wonders to people. She chuckled and touched her forehead her eyes held in disbelief and fear.