she comes home to find you asleep

With a long day of practice behind her, Sana was happy to walk through the front door with the intention of climbing the stairs to go straight to bed, which is where she thought you'd be. The time was well after midnight, nearing one in the morning now, and by this time you're usually out cold in the comfort of your shared bed.

So it took her by surprise to open the door and walk inside only to find the tv on and you curled up on the sofa. She chuckled when she saw you.

Your cheek resting on the pillowcase, lips parted as soft breaths fell from them. The blanket you curled up with a mess with only a tiny part of it remaining on your left leg while the other part was under your stomach. You looked so cute, she couldn't help but pull out her phone and snap a few quick photos of you.

She shrugged her jacket off and slipped off her shoes before making her way to you. She was gonna adjust the blanket and leave you on the sofa for the night, since you just looked so cozy.

But she couldn't resist kissing your forehead lingeringly and the warm and soft brush of her lips on your skin caused your eyes to flutter open. She sent you a sad smile when your eyes met her soft brown ones, a guilty feeling coming over her for ruining your sleep.

"Sana? You're home?"

"I'm home, baby. I didn't mean to wake you. Let me fix your blanket and then you can go back to sleep." She said and had you lift up so she could adjust your blanket for you.

"Where are you sleeping?"

"Upstairs. I'd take you with me but you look way too sleepy to be climbing the stairs right now."

"No. Stay here with me." You whined and took her hand into yours. Your fingers wrapped around her palm and she couldn't hide the smile tugging at her lips even if she tried. "I'll make room for you. I want to cuddle you. Please cuddle me."

One pout of your lips and she was putty in your hands. Thankfully, she was already in a clean pair of sweats and a cozy shirt, so she didn't have to worry about being uncomfortable. She climbed onto the sofa beside you and you instantly placed your head on her shoulder.

"That's better." You mumbled as she wrapped her arm around you. "I was cozy already but even more so now that you're here and holding me."

"I won't let you go." She promised and kissed your temple lovingly. "Go back to sleep."

"You'll stay here with me the whole night?"

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be." She whispered softly, staring down at you adoringly as she brushed her fingertips along your shoulders. "I've missed you today."

"I missed you too, Sana." You mumbled, cracking a small sleepy smile as you began to fall back asleep with your head on her chest now. "I love you."

"I love you more. Sweet dreams, baby girl."

And you drifted off to sleep with a small smile on your face, warmer and cozier than before now that your girlfriend was holding you tight. She fell asleep in no time, needing the comfort of your embrace just as much as you needed hers. Her head on yours, she closed her eyes and drifted into a peaceful slumber to dream about you.