Prologue

✩  ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   

✩ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩

Heya my name is Ashlyn brooks. Otherwise known as ash, I live in a world where there are those things called soulmates. Yeah the magical "there's someone perfect for you out there" world found in books happens to be a reality here. Usually people only have the one soulmate or maybe two or three if your 'lucky'. In my case I have seventeen.... Yep that's right seventeen different soulmates and seventeen people who I'm supposed to 'share my love with'. My luck must be terrible, not that I'm not grateful for them or that don't like my soulmates it's just all the negative comments that come with it.

I hate the stigma around having more than one mate. Why did the universe choose me to be the one with the curse of seventeen soulmates? What did I do that was so wrong in a past life to deserve all the horrible comments and gestures from everyone?

And on top of that i get more hate all the time purely because I'm 'not normal' in the eyes of society just because i use they/them pronouns, which a lot of people think doesn't exist. And also identify as non-binary which to most people is invalid, 'because you can only be a boy or a girl'. Anyways enough with the rambling.

In my world soulmates work in an odd way, age gaps don't really matter with the exception of a young child with a teen or adult in which they are legally required to wait until they are of age before anything romantic is allowed) and ageing itself also works differently. It's said that once you meet your mate(s) the eldest stops ageing until the rest also reach the same age as the eldest. This is so they can both have a happy life for as long as possible without one passing away earlier because of an age gap. You also have marks on your body that give clues as to who your mate(s) are.

There are 3 types of clues:

- Their initials on your arm that glow when your near them

- The first words they say to you written somewhere on your body

Or in my case

- Tattoos that represent each mate and they burn until your soulmate touches it.

The thing is I'm not all that sure that I want to meet my mates, they will most likely reject me because of how many mates I have. I do have seventeen after all and they are all one big happy family without me. You might be thinking '"Ash how do you know that?" Well that's because I know who all of my mates are. They are the Starks. All seventeen of them.

Not to mention I have powers one being that I have a guardian who granted me immortality upon my birth which means if anyone discovered my powers I'd probably be tested on and im not really a fan of that idea.

Anyways this is the story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down. (ily if u get that reference )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick heads up with the age thing basically ash will live forever and her mates body wont be affected so its possible to live till 10,000 as long as one mate can naturally live that long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 571
Edited: 19th February 2021
Second edit: 19Th March 2022
3rd Edit: 17th December 2022

Date published: 5th of February 2021