Chapter 100 | The Calm Before The Storm

"I still can't believe Dumbledore is actually teaching you how to turn into an animal, that's actually so cool," Charlus said with a little bit of jealousy in his voice one morning in early December, still not able to get over the news that Minerva had told them following her Quidditch injury in October.

Two whole months had actually passed since then and Minnie had spent the majority of them recuperating in the hospital wing as her injuries actually ended up restricting a lot of her everyday movement so she had to study from her bed, with her friends bringing her their notes from lessons for her to copy up as she wasn't able to attend them in person. It had certainly been frustrating but she had coped and now, as they approached Christmas and decorations had been put up all around the castle, Minerva was fully healed.

Obviously, she still had endometriosis but, once her actual injuries had healed, the condition didn't actually affect her day to day health all that much. With the exception of her cramps just being ten times worse when she got her period and the occasional back pain here and there, Minnie actually didn't think it was too bad. She tried not to think much about the fact that she couldn't have children because it only made her upset and her friends knew not to mention it, whereas they openly joked about her not being able to be Quidditch Captain as Minerva wasn't actually that upset over it now.

Gryffindor actually lost their first match with Charlus as Quidditch Captain so the boy had been the butt of all the group's jokes that week, that Minnie had found extremely funny because if she didn't laugh about it, she would only dwell on it and it would make her feel down so she preferred to make jokes about the entire situation. An added negative to the Scottish girl's life, however, was also that Brutus had broken up with her shortly after she got out of the hospital wing which was another huge blow to Minerva's already delicate emotions.

She soon found herself not caring about the end of their relationship, though, because, at the end of the day, she had openly admitted to Euphemia that she didn't really like her boyfriend all that much anymore so it was probably best that they broke it off before either of them got hurt. Despite Minnie being dumped, romance was still in the air as finally, after what seemed like months and months of going back and forth, Lyall and Eugenia eventually started dating.

It was a "bloody miracle" as Alastor professed when Lyall finally asked the blonde girl out on Halloween because the entire group had known that they both liked each other but it was just a matter of when they were actually going to profess their feelings for one another. Charlus had teased the new couple a lot about it in the days after they announced their relationship but Filius was quick to point out that it hadn't taken Lyall and Eugenia longer than it had taken him and Euphemia which had soon shut up the Gryffindor lad.

As for Mia and Charlus, they were still happy and content in their relationship and they were honestly just enjoying the drama free days after all of the chaos that had happened over the past few years in the journey to them dating. Euphemia was particularly happy that she could just date her boyfriend without any worries about her family, now that she had been officially disowned (she got a lovely letter from Arcturus in the mail about her being burned off the family tree which she found didn't actually bother her in the slightest).

The only problem with her being disowned was that Charis wasn't technically allowed to talk to her, though she did anyway whenever Walburga wasn't looking with those annoyingly beady eyes of hers. Charis had expressed her sadness at technically losing Mia as a cousin because she had already lost her dear sister, Cedrella, when she had eloped with that Weasley guy although Euphemia was quick to assure her that they would always be cousins and that her being disowned wouldn't make her any less grateful for all of Charis' help.

Walburga was being weirdly quiet about the whole disowning situation though and Mia couldn't help but feel uneasy, though Charlus told her to stop overthinking about everything. Euphemia had just assumed that Walburga would be more happy about Mia finally getting kicked out of the family but the girl in question actually avoided Euphemia at all costs, even going to the lengths of leaving the dormitory whenever she entered with Eileen in tow.