Small talk

Vic

Things have been... weird since Harry got home. Our dynamic has changed entirely, we talk everyday and we've hung out a few times, but it's not like before, there's no kissing, no dancing in the kitchen, no sleep overs. He's seemed more withdrawn, more distant since he's been home, everything has felt a little dull lately.

Harry was able to take the sling off yesterday as long as he was careful for the next few days, after having it on for a week, he was happy to be able to go out and not worry about everyone seeing he was hurt and having the media jumping all over it. I was going over to his house today to sit down with him and show him the final cut of pictures from our Gucci shoot in London. I was very proud of my work, the pictures look so great... he looks so great, I was so excited to show him the final results.

I knocked softly on his door and it took only a moment for him to open it and wave me in. I stepped in and he gave me a side hug, I kicked my shoes off and left them by the front door as I followed him into the living room, taking a seat beside him. We sat with enough space between us for another person to sit, and all I could think of was the times we sat so close I could feel the best from his leg on mine, and the times we were up under each other on these cushions. I shoved the thought out of my mind and placed my laptop on the coffee table in front of us and opened the file. I turned the screen to him and let him scroll through and take a look to make sure he liked them. He clicked through them and then started back from the beginning and stopped clicking through them, he looked up to me and back to the screen.

"This one might be my favorite." He said and turned the computer back to me to show me the picture he chose.

"I had a feeling you'd like that one

"I had a feeling you'd like that one." I told him and smiled thinking back to how proud of himself he was when he got the small sheep behind his neck to sit still for the perfect picture. "So, these are okay tho? I can send these back to them for final editing?" I asked and he smiled widely and glanced back at the picture one last time and then back to me.

"Yeah. These are amazing, you are amazing. Thank you again." He said and I smiled at the compliment. I placed the computer on my lap and closed the file and attached it to an email and sent it off. It's final, that's it, that was my first Gucci shoot, and it was amazing, and then it was terrible. I can't wait to see them actually printed, and in the magazine for everyone to see, it's so daunting, yet so exciting.

"Okay, they are sent." I told him with a smile and he gave me a soft smile back and nodded.

"What amazing team work." He said dryly and I nodded and felt my heart sunk a bit. I figured he'd be a little more excited having the shoot finally out of our hands and off for its final go around before being printed. This is exciting... so why isn't he happy?

He was radiating with his usually golden glow, he felt dulled and... grey. Was it because of me? No... not everything is about you Victoria.