I

╭──── ✩ ────╮
HOME
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER ONE

BEING A MARAUDER IS probably one of the most intoxicating feelings in the world. Nothing can compare to having that extra social power in a school full of wizards. It was nearly enough to make anyone's ego rise beyond constraints. So as my four best friends and I walked into the greathall— all eyes were on us.

First there was James Potter, the boy who, for the life of all things good, could not possibly find a way to properly ask Lily Evans out on a date. But that's besides the point. James deep down is a caring, loving, and loyal friend; even if he covers it up with his obnoxious outbursts. And occasional rude remark.

Then there is the infamous Sirius black; the heartthrob; The boy that any girl would willingly fall to their knees for. I personally found it disgusting, and surprising that the boy hadn't contracted any sort of.. diseases. But besides his whorish behavior, I found him to be outstandingly smart; in academics of course; and a remarkable best friend.

Next there is Remus Lupin; the mastermind, the boy could possibly outsmart Dumbledore if he really set his mind to it— which I have told him countless times, but he decides to ignore my praises. He's often found in the library with Lily, studying up on all of the information he might possibly need in the future— while going on and on about how much a sweetheart little James is.

Then there was Peter Pettigrew; the caring one. The boy is incredibly kind, and loyal to the point I'm surprised he wasn't sorted into Hufflepuff.  Although I've found that during our chats he felt that he is shadowed behind the other three— making him a little shyer than most would think a marauder could be. But at least he brings snacks.

And lastly, there was me, Onyx Grey; I wouldn't say I'm a heartthrob like Sirius, but I often find guys asking me on dates and I do have my occasional "hook-up" but that's all just a distraction from the fact that I've been madly in love with Damian Wood since second year.. the only boy I, for the life of me, could not get to glance in my general direction.

As the five of us reached our usual spot at the Gryffindor table, I let my gaze wander to the boy in question— his messy brown hair flipping lazily over his forehead as he took a long sip of his pumpkin juice. It was no secret that every girl in Hogwarts found the man utterly breathtaking— he even gave Sirius a run for his money.

"If you stare any longer you might drool." James teased, bumping my shoulder a bit to pull my attention from the boy.

"Oh shit, oops, sorry." I mumbled, "I just can't get him to look at me!" I huffed, letting my head fall against the table with an audible 'Thud'