• | Chapter Thirty | •

The lingering memory of the steamy kiss that took place in the backseat of Michael's car moments prior played on repeat in Riley's mind like a broken record, and she couldn't control the sudden hormonal impulses once she walked through the elegant fiberglass front door. She didn't bother to take a short tour of his home or wait until he was fully situated after the flick of the lamp illuminated the living room. She tackled him immediately, making them both fall onto the plush grey sofa nearby. Michael's laughter was short-lived as he was pulled into a trance by her soft lips and eager tongue.

His fingers raked through her hair and instantly loosened her bun from the hair tie. Her black hair cascaded just past her shoulders and over her face. He pulled his hands away from her hair to wrap his arms around her to nudge her closer. Her bulky jacket became an obstacle between them, so he quickly removed it just to feel her slim body pressed against his as her hair gently brushed over his face.

Their breathing was hot and heavy, their minds were swirling with desire, and their skin was begging to be touched in the most alluring ways. If this kept on, Michael wasn't sure how much longer he could resist the excitement building in his jeans.

Against the fiery desire burning in the pit of his stomach, he slowly broke the kiss and went to push her hair back to see her beautiful face. He smirked at her full lips that were plumper than usual.

She tucked her bottom lip in and sat up while straddling his hips and placing her hands on his heaving chest. "Where's your bathroom?"

He slowly sat up to match her height as his hands held a light grip on her waist, their lips still well within reach. "It's just down that hall past the stairs."

"Okay." Instead of moving off him, she leaned back in and kissed him again.

His chuckle was heard between the soft kisses and he entertained her lips for a few seconds before pulling back.

"Go ahead and do what you need to do. My lips aren't going anywhere, Ry." He joked with a small laugh and her face grew hot as she began moving away this time.

"I'm going, I'm going." She quickly stole another kiss before hopping off the couch and grabbing her bag by the door, then disappearing down the hall.

It wasn't long before he heard the door shut and the shower going. He grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned on the TV. Reruns of old cartoons were playing and he didn't bother turning the channel since that's what he usually enjoyed in his free moments.

While the TV played, he hurried upstairs to strip off his clothes and take a quick shower, particularly a cold one. His body shivered from the icy droplets but it helped cool down his sexual appetite and clear his mind of the lustful thoughts that were sending every drop of blood to that one place between his legs.

By the time he was done, he felt free of the desire that once clung to him. He finished off his night routine, then headed back downstairs with one of his huge red blankets and saw Riley sitting criss cross on the couch. Her eyes were glued to the cartoons and she barely acknowledged him as he sat next to her and shared his blanket.

It was quiet between them for a while. They basked in each other's presence while enjoying the entertainment of cartoon antics until Riley slid closer to Michael and snuggled up to him. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she turned sideways to lay her legs across his lap.

"This definitely beats staying at home and binging TV shows." Riley said after a while. "Getting to spend New Year's with a guy I like and being in his arms instead of sitting alone bored out of my mind is one of the best things that happened this break. I thought it would be just another dumb holiday."