2020:20-Betrothed

Marinette Dupain-Cheng had known since she was twelve that she was betrothed to Damian Al Ghul-Wayne. She had tried to convince her parents that she had a massive crush on her friend, Adrien Agreste. Apparently, she had convinced everyone else, but they only smiled. When Lila came, her plans were wrecked. When her 'crush' sided with her bully, she knew it was time to accept defeat. Marinette was better then that and knew she deserved better.

It was finally her last week in Paris. She would be moving to Gotham at the end of the week to be with her fiancée's family. After everything that had happened, she was excited to start high school, in America, after Winter Break. Marinette made sure to pack her sewing and designing items first, making sure none of it was left behind. Next, she went through her closet. She made sure anything that was important, was saved and labeled STORAGE. Marinette had even gotten her parents to let her repaint the walls so that they could rent out the room, if necessary.

As it was her final week in Paris, her parents told her she should spend more time with her friends. She didn't really have friends in the class anymore, but she could always ask. Too bad , it couldn't have come at a worse time. Lila had finally informed Adrien about Marinette's stalker-y feelings for him and he was nervous about being around her.

"Hey, Adrien." Marinette smiled, "Want to hang out today?"

"I'm busy, Marinette." he smiled back, hoping his nervousness wasn't showing.

Marinette shrugged and turned to Nino, "Do you want to do something? I sort of need a really long playlist made for when I'm working on my designs; something I could play for hours and not get bored. I'll pay you, of course."

Alya came over and hugged Nino, "We're busy. We have a date today."

"Oh, ok. Maybe tomorrow?" Marinette asked Nino.

"I think-" Nino began.

"Hey, Girl. I need you to watch the twins tonight." Alya interjected.

"No." Mari stated.

"What? Why not? It's not like you're busy." Alya shouted.

"I would assume you already have someone to watch them, since you told me you have a date planned. Besides, my parents want me to get out of the house, so no. I guess I'll just hang with Luka, then." Marinette spoke, walking away from the trio.

"Babe, do you actually need someone to watch the twins?" Nino questioned.

"Yeah." Alya responded, hesitantly.

Nino sighed, "Guess date night will have to wait, then." picking up his backpack and headed towards his house.

The next day in class, Lila complained how much Marinette was bullying her through text messages.

"Why would you do that, Marinette?"

"How could you be so mean to Lila?"

"Do you hate that she's better then you?"

"Got nothing to say?" quipped Alya, still pissed that she didn't go on her date.

"Why? It's not like any of you will believe me, but why don't you just show them the text, Lila? Show them those horrible text messages I sent you." Marinette replied.

"I delete them." Lila sniffled.

"Why bring it up at all? I mean, you don't even have my number and I don't have yours." Marinette laughs, "Actually, I don't have anyone's right now since my phone has been broken for two months."