2020:22-Ice

Adrien groaned as he came to terms with his growing feelings for his friend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. He didn't know what to do with that knowledge or feelings for her. He definitely didn't want to lose their friendship so he called up his best friend, Nino.

Nino smiled and listened as his friend confessed his feelings about their mutual friend.

"I don't know what to do, Nino." Adrien complained.

Nino was silent and kept looking at his phone. He knew this was a big deal and something his girlfriend had almost given up hope on.

"I think I have an idea." Nino replied, "I gotta make a call first."

After quickly explaining to Alya about Adrien's mutual affections for their bubbly pink friend, she gave her boyfriend permission to tell Adrien about Marinette's feelings for him.

"Okay." he spoke as Adrien answered, "I have to let you know that Mari likes you, too."

"Are you sure?" Adrien questioned, "She hasn't really been talking to me, over the last couple years. It feels like we've grown apart. I've asked her to hang out, but she always says she's busy."

"Alya made me keep it a secret for so long." Nino replied, "It might be because you keep calling her a 'very good friend'?"

Adrien groaned into the phone.

"Alya says that once you confess, things will go back to how they use to be." Nino replied.

"I'm gonna look for a gift so she can see I don't want her as just a friend, Nino." Adrien spoke up.

"Good luck, My Dude!" Nino smiled, as he hung up.

Adrien set his backpack down on his seat as their teacher left to deal with an emergency. He pulled out a crystal pink rose and took a deep breath. The class became silent as they watched him walk up to Marinette's desk.

"Marinette?" Adrien called.

"Yeah?" she questioned, not looking up from her sketchbook.

"I wanted to give you this." he said.

Marinette looked up to see Adrien holding out the rose.

"Why are you giving this to me?" Mari asked, "It's not my birthday or anything." as she went back to her design.

The class was stunned. They hadn't expected her to brush him off.

"Um." Adrien cleared his throat.

The class turned towards the door when the heard knocking. There was a guy with tan skin, gelled back black hair, and piercing green eyes holding a bouquet of red and white roses.

"Damian!" Marinette shouted, regaining their attention.

She pushed past Adrien, who almost dropped his rose, as she kissed the guy in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" Mari questioned, "I thought you weren't gonna be here until next week!"

"I wanted to surprise you and spend more time with you." Damian stated.

The bell rung, making them jump.

"Let me get my things!" she cried, grabbing it and going back to his side, "What did you want to do today?"

"I was thinking...cuddling in your room, some hot apple cider and a movie marathon." the guy suggested.

"Sounds wonderful!" Mari smiled.