One Sided (George Weasley) Pt 1

A/N: Royalty!AU; You are the crowned princess but aren't betrothed, but you're younger sister is. But when another kingdom comes to visit, things will take a twist

Y/n POV:
"The Weasley Family!" Our guard called. The Weasley's were from the kingdom of Devon, an ally of our Kingdom, Bristol. As they walked in, I locked eyes with one of the boys. He was tall, red hair and kind eyes. I looked over to my sister, Jenna who was also staring at the boy.

I let out a small sigh, I knew she was going to like him. She had been betrothed to Adrian Pucey, a heir to his family, but she really didn't want to marry him.

"Arthur, Molly." Mother gushed. "Welcome."

"Thank you for inviting us M/n." Molly smiled.

"Why don't you two come join F/n and I for tea and Y/n can give your children a tour of the castle." Mother requested.

"That would be wonderful." Molly answered.

I gave a small smile to the children, there were the four youngest. The older three had already been married.

"I will see you later Jenna." I said to my sister before taking the Weasley children through the country. They were all nice, Ginny was a total sweetheart, Ron wanting to stop for food every 10 minutes, Fred was the louder twin making jokes. And then there was George, I was I had first saw when they arrived. He was a but more quiet than Fred but still as mischief.

I had learned that they would be staying for a month while our parents work out an alliance. I believe they are going to set me up with one of the twins. It was uncommon for an heiress not to be married by the time she had taken the throne. It was no secret, many of council members have tried to marry me off, but both my parents dismissing it.

***

It had a week since the Weasley's have arrived, and it was late at night when I was taking a walk around our garden.

"Oh hello George." I smiled at him once he walked into the garden.

"H-hello Princess Y/n." He bowed.

"No need for all that, Y/n is all fine. I was going for a walk, would you like to accompany me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was going to meet up with your sister Jenna at the fountain." He blushed.

"That's alright. Have a nice night." I said through a fake smile. Once he walked away, a frown sprouted onto my face. He liked her. I was a bit sad but I always made sure my sister was happy.

It had been the next morning and I sat in my chambers, doing my own hair when I heard my doors open and Jenna came into my room tears coming down her face. She immediately plopped down into my bed.

"Is everything alright?" I looked her with a frown on her face.

"He found out." She sniffed. I immediately knew.

"George found out about you being engaged to Adrian." I said.

"How did you know!" She looked up at me.

"I saw him last night in the garden when he went to go meet you." I looked down at my lap trying to hide my flushed face.

"You like him." Jenna exclaimed.

"But he likes you and you like him." I looked up at her sadly.

"You never like anyone!" She sound shocked. She was proud of my independence.

"It's okay, you two like each other, it'll work." I placed my hand on top of hers.

***