Chapter Fifteen

I woke up with Loki's arms around me. I was cuddled into his chest with my hands pressed against his torso. I looked up to see that Loki was asleep. I cuddled in closer, feeling comfortable at the contact. I lightly traced his jawline with my fingertips. His eyes cracked open and I blushed. Busted.

Loki realised his arms were around me and slowly let go, as if he was reluctant to do so. We both sat up silently. Was this how things were between us now? I wanted to mend the rift between us. We couldn't go back – only forwards.

"I apologise for yelling at you yesterday," Loki said quietly.

I looked at him.

"I – I... things are complicated between us," he continued, standing up and pacing around the room. "I have never felt this way before. You make me feel so happy, and free."

I slowly stood up and took a step towards him.

"I hate having this rift between us," he whispered. "You are my closest friend and yet..."

He trailed off. I walked towards him until we were almost touching.

"And yet what?" I asked softly.

Loki looked into my eyes.

"And yet I yearn for more," he breathed.

I leaned up towards him. He leaned down slowly, giving me the choice to stop this. As if I'd want to stop this.

Loki's lips met mine. Time almost seemed to stop when I felt his lips against mine. My heartbeat sped up as Loki placed his hands on my waist. My whole body tingled, and I sighed into Loki's lips. I opened my mouth for him. His tongue swept in and explored while my arms curled around his neck. The kiss got hungrier and more intense. Loki pushed me against the wall, and I tilted my head to change the angle of the kiss.

We were rudely interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Are you alright, brother?" Thor called.

Loki pulled his lips away from mine.

"Yes, what do you want?" Loki replied.

"I heard a loud noise," Thor replied.

Maybe Loki had pushed me against the wall really hard. I hadn't noticed.

"I... dropped my book," Loki lied.

I snorted at his lie. Loki glared at me playfully.

"Have you seen Lady y/n?" Thor asked.

"Yeah, I'm in here," I said, disentangling myself from Loki.

I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey, Thor," I said brightly.

Thor narrowed his eyes. I looked behind me to see Loki still shirtless.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Loki offered for me to take his bed for the night," I said, shrugging.

Loki walked up behind me.

"We need you both for a team meeting," Thor said.

Loki quickly put a shirt on and we followed Thor down the hall and to the elevator. Friday took us to the conference floor, and we entered conference room. The whole team was assembled already. Loki and I sat next to each other while Thor sat next to Clint. Probably because Clint had pop-tarts.

"We're here to discuss y/n's safety," Tony began. "We've upped the security to the max. We have new rules set in place."

"Do you know how they got in?" I asked.

Steve's face hardened.

"They were able to harness some of the power of the tesseract," he said. "They used the existing radiation in the air from when Loki used it and were able to put it into some type of weapon that creates portals."

I bit my lip.

"We were able to destroy it, though," Steve said.

I nodded.

"So, what are my new rules?" I asked.

"You can't leave the tower," Tony said.

"I wasn't allowed to do that anyway," I said.

"No, you can't leave even if one of us is with you. We believe that Hydra want to kill you because they can't recruit you," Bruce said.

"So, I'm stuck in the tower," I stated.

Everyone nodded. It sounded very Rapunzel-like to me.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"We think it's best if you share a room with someone," Tony said. "We can get you a suite between the rooms, but we think that if you're around someone else a lot, it'll make them think twice."

"Okay," I said shrugging. "Who am I bunking with?"

"You get to choose. There are only a few of us that you won't be able to share a room with," Clint said. "Tony is a no because he's never in is room. You can't have Bruce because having him protect you means he has to go green, and no one really wants that."

I nodded and looked through my options. Sharing a room with Clint, Sam, or Bucky would result in being pranked all the time. Natasha liked her privacy, and I didn't want to invade that. Steve would die of embarrassment if I walked out in nothing but a shirt and underwear. Thor snored. Vision walked through walls and that creeped me out. Wanda and Vision sometimes slept in the same bed, and I did not want to hear – or potentially see – any of that.

That left Loki.

"I choose Loki," I said.

There was some protest at that.

"Hey, hey!" I yelled. "He's my babysitter, remember? And he's my b-best friend."

I almost slipped up and said boyfriend. But we weren't exactly together yet. We'd only kissed once.

I explained my reasons for not wanting to share with everyone else and slowly everyone agreed to letting me share with Loki. He said that he didn't mind sharing with me. Tony had already set up the rooms for us. Tony led us to the room and when we entered, I gasped happily.

There was a massive room with bookshelves on every wall except one. The wall across from us was a was a massive window with a balcony. There was a f/c chaise lounge to the left of the room and two, soft grey couches in the middle of the room. There were two doors on either side of the room.

"You two can pick whichever room you like," Tony said.

He then left. I glanced around the room and my eyes finally landed on Loki. He was already looking at me. I cleared my throat.

"So, about what happened this morning..." I started.

"Y/n, I would love to have the honour of courting you," Loki said.

I smiled at him and stepped towards him.

"I guess I could give you that honour," I said, smiling.

Loki smiled back at me. He grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. I placed my hands on his face and kissed him back happily.