CHAPTER •°• ten

REMUS WAS SLOWLY COMING BACK from a meeting with McGonagall connected to his role as a prefect.

She, along with giving him some tasks, once again, told him that he had to focus more on his lessons instead of running around the school in the middle of the night.

Remus agreed with her on everything, but truly, he couldn't remember almost anything from what she's said. His mind simply wasn't in it.

His mind was more with Sirius. 

Or, more specifically, with the fact that Sirius just might have been into him. Cause like... it all started to come together.

First, James leaving Remus with Sirius alone and winking at Moony like the two of them were fucking  - Lupin sincerely hoped that Sirius didn't think they were. But, that kind of behaviour from Potter's side could mean that he knew something about Black's feelings, as well as Remus's.

Second, this stupid explanation about Avery kissing Maggie? It just had to be a lie and if it was a lie... was it possible that Sirius knew about Maggie cheating on him and had nothing against it?

Yes, it certainly could mean that. Of course there also was an option that Remus was incorrect and it wasn't Maggie he saw with Avery, but if that was so, then why would Sirius react by telling him this weird tale?

Or maybe the tale was true, but Remus had big doubts about that. Mostly because he clearly saw faces of both Avery and Maggie and for Black's story to be real, he would have to take a Pollyjuice potion. And for that he would either have to steal it - and even Black wasn't dumb enough - or make it, which neither he or Maggie could do well enough.

And, finally third, the way Sirius flirted with Moony on the detention... it just couldn't be an accident, could it?

Like, yeah, Moony tried to flirt with him before and Sirius always reacted by laughing and saying 'bruh' but now it seemed like he finally understood what Remus was trying to achieve. 

And, what's more, he even was the one to start the flirt.

Remus smiled to himself while walking into the Gryffindor's common room. There was indeed a chance that Sirius was into him and even though Moony had no idea why would he be with Maggie... well, it still seemed believable.

After all, Sirius wasn't really into a lot of his girlfriends before. And if he knew that Maggie was cheating on him then maybe he wasn't into her either.

Moony went through the common room smiling happily to himself. Yes, it all started to make sense.

Maybe he could finally gather the courage to take Sirius out on a date? Yeah, there was a Hogsmeade Saturday soon so perhaps it could be a good idea.

He probably should ask James if he should do it first. He was pretty close with Sirius after all. Maybe he even already knew what Black felt like and could guide Lupin a bit?

Yeah, that would be a good plan.

Remus smiled even wider, finally getting to his dormitory and pressing the handle.

He already saw himself as he's going to James the next day and asks him about Sirius. And James would say 'yeah, fucking go for it'. And then Remus would ask Sirius for a date and Padfoot would say yes and they could...

But just then, when Moony finally went inside of his dormitory, the door from the bathroom opened. 

From the inside there went Maggie, laughing and dressed only in Sirius's shirt and her underwear. And, right after her, there went Sirius with his shirt off and saying something that Remus couldn't understand, to Maggie.