| fourteen |

Chapter.14

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

"Hey guys," Charlotte smiled as she reached the table that her mother, and older siblings were sat at. "Charlotte, how are you?" Rob stood up from his chair to hug his adopted sister. "I'm good, how about you?" Char' asked as she rubbed his back.

"Living life," Rob stopped hugging Charlotte and let her greet Kris and Kim. Everyone said their hello's, and got comfortable in their seats. A waiter came over once he saw Charlotte sit down, and got everyone's drink orders.

"Thank you," Charlotte smiled at the waiter before he walked away to get their beverages.

"So, I'm sure you heard about Kanye," Kim looked Charlotte, who sat across the table from her. "Yea," Charlotte looked back at her sister with a compassionate face, "How are you?"

"It's another day being with Ye'. He didn't sleep with Jeffree, but I know he's doing something weird out there," Kim said. 'There' referred to Wyoming, where Kanye had been staying for the last couple months.

"I hope that he's not cheating," The thought of it made Kris sad and disappointed. "I've lost all hope in our relationship," Kim looked down at her silverware.

"Just do what's best for you and the kids," Charlotte reached across the table and lightly squeezed Kim's hand. "I'm going to try," Kim gave Char' a small smile.

"In other, more happy news. I've heard something thru the grapevine about you Charlotte," Rob raised his eyebrow at the singer.

"Oh, really? And what would that be?" Charlotte crossed her arms and leaned them on the table. The waiter had come back with four drinks for the group. He gave everyone their beverage and left again.

"Something about you a certain rapper," Rob told Charlotte. She rolled her eyes and asked him, "Who narced?"

"Kylie," Rob said before he sipped his soda. "That bitch," Charlotte lightly scoffed.

Kris spoke up, "Is their something you'd like to tell Kim and I, Charlotte?"

"Well, momma there is," Charlotte smiled at Kris. "But, Kim. Look at me. This stays here, you aren't texting Johnathan or anyone else about it." Kim had a bit of a reputation of instantly telling a secret once she heard it. But Charlotte hoped Kim could keep this secret with her for once.

"I mean," Kim chuckled, "If it's what I think it is, then it's going to be hard." Charlotte stared at her older sister with a blank, unamused, expression. "Fine, fine. I won't tell anyone."

Charlotte's mood was picked up, "So after I went to Drake's Chicago show, we started to think about us dating."

Kim smiled, "I knew you were going to date him. I'm happy for you, but also annoyed a little." Kim didn't have the best opinion on Drake because of the beef between Kanye and Drake.

"I know," Charlotte nodded, "Aubrey has only really had serious fights with four people. And two out of the four, just so happen to be my family."

"Chris is family now huh?" Kris sipped her lemon water. Charlotte breathed out, "Sadly."

"Well listen," Kris spoke up again, "I think this will be great. One, he makes you happy. I've seen that over the last couple of months. And, two. This relationship would break the internet. People would go crazy for you too."

"I agree on that. This would be big for the both of you," Kim nodded at her mother's business thought.

Charlotte shook her head at the two, "We aren't dating yet. But, even when we are. We don't want to go public for a while, we want to have this relationship to ourselves for a while."

Momma Kris asked Char' how long they'd keep the relationship private, and Charlotte said, "Probably for like almost a year. It's just so much to start a relationship when everyone is putting their opinions in. I can just imagine the tweets."

"Drake can start dating Charlotte Jenner, but can't drop the album," Rob mocked a Twitter user. Charlotte pointed at him, "That, that exactly. It's just too much pressure and judgement."

"Sweetie, this would be big for the both of you," Manager Kris was starting to come out instead of Momma Kris.

"That's what this family doesn't get. This relationship isn't about publicity, it's about having a connection with someone."
Charlotte started to get overwhelmed with the input from her family members, also with the thoughts in her own head. "But, who even knows of we'll actually date. At this point I don't know. I shouldn't have told you guys."

She took a deep breath before she continued. "I'm supposed to fly out to Toronto this weekend to see him," Charlotte leaned back in the dining chair, "But, I don't think I should anymore."

"Why?" Kim asked as she moved her hair out of her face. "Chris called me earlier today, talking about how Drake got with all of his exes so far. I thought Aubrey only got with Rihanna, but I guess he got with Karrueche too after her and Chris broke up." Charlotte had been in her head for hours, thinking about if Drake was playing some type of game with her.

Kris sipped her lemon water and asked, "Wait, so he's gotten with all of Chris's exes?" Charlotte nodded her head, "And right after the break up every time."

"Maybe they both have the same type in girls," Rob shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. First time is whatever, second time is a coincidence, third time is a pattern," Charlotte said.

"It's weird. Sounds sus'," Kim added to the conversation. "I say, just ask him about it. Stop speculating like y'all girls do, and just ask him," Rob told Charlotte his idea, "I'm sure he can explain. 'Cause I think the Drake has more to do in life than chasing Chris's women."

"I don't know," Charlotte shrugged, "I really don't want to get fucked over. But, I don't want to drop him either."

"Don't drop him, just let the man explain. You heard Chris's side, now hear Aubrey's," Rob said to Charlotte.

"You just want free concert tickets," Charlotte lightheartedly glared at Rob. He threw his hands in the air and chuckled, "Who doesn't."

"Ugh," Charlotte groaned, "Why do I only like men who've fucked half of the human population. Why can't I like someone who's sweet, calm, humble."

"Well Drake is all of those things, he's just fucked half the population on top of that," Kris let out a small chuckle.