chapter fifty

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHTDECEPTION IS KEY

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
DECEPTION IS KEY

WE'RE FINALLY PLANNING AN ESCAPE?

RENJUN, JENO, & MINSOO FOCUS

"Minsoo?"

The said girl and two others looked up from their binders, all turning to face Renjun who stood at the door.

"Yeah?" She asked, setting down her stuff and standing up to walk over towards him. He stepped away from the door, motioning for her to follow him.

She did so without question, walking behind him down the hall. They halted at the door leading to the kitchen.

She looked at him weirdly before he could pull the door open. "What are you doing? We aren't supposed to go into the kitchen unless it's mealtime or we have dishes duty."

Renjun sighed, grabbing her wrist and pulling her inside. Although she wanted to protest, she didn't, immediately getting more confused when she noticed Jeno already standing inside.

"I've requested for the two of you to join me for dishes duty," Renjun began.

Jeno glared at him, "yeah, thanks for that. I had sweeping duty which is ten times easier than doing the dishes but whatever."

Renjun scoffed, pushing Jeno in front of the drying station and then pushing Minsoo to the putting away station. "I didn't request you two just because. I requested you because I needed to talk to you guys about something without having cameras recording our voices and we only have that luxury in here so deal with it."

Jeno pouted, "how come she gets to put everything away? I didn't even get a choice." Minsoo realized and stuck her tongue out, childishly mocking him.

"Both of you stop it. We have some important stuff we need to talk about and we don't have a lot of time considering no one ate that much today."

"Okay so then get on with it, grumpy pants."

Renjun glared at her but listened to what she said. "Fine. I wanted to talk to you two because I feel like you two have the most potential of being leaders. I originally wanted more time for this but after the new protocols or whatever, I don't think we should stay back much longer."

"We're finally planning an escape?" Minsoo asked, looking away from the plates and to Renjun. Both boys stopped for a second as well.

Renjun nodded, "I think it's finally time. It's probably the only way we will ever get out of here. Alive, that is, of course."

Minsoo and Jeno shuddered at the thought of staying at Neo House any longer. Jeno had stayed the shortest time out of the boys but he hated it just as much. Minsoo had only been there for a bit over a week yet wasn't too fond.

And although the other four weren't there, they knew that each of them were just as anxious to get out of Neo House as well. Minju probably wanted out too but she wasn't much of their concern.

"You two tell your roommates, I'll tell Jaemin. Minsoo, you or Hyeji can inform Eunha about everything as well but make sure you're very quiet about the whole thing. If you guys-"

She stopped him from continuing, "yeah, yeah, I know. You don't gotta remind everyone every five seconds, Renjun."

Renjun rolled his eyes, "fine, whatever. Anyways, when you guys are talking with the others, try brainstorming ways we can get out. Write them on a paper and then tomorrow we can meet back up in here."

Minsoo and Jeno nodded firmly, ready for whatever it took to get out.

"Um, hello?"

"Um, hello?"

Minsoo and Hyeji smiled, running into Eunha's room. They took their seats on Minju's old bed, the plain white blankets replacing whatever she had before.

"You guys need something? We're not supposed to be in each other's rooms-"

Hyeji stopped her, "yeah, yeah we know. But! We had to come to talk to you about something else. Renjun is organizing an escape and we need some new ideas on how exactly to do it."

Eunha hummed, pulling out a pen and notepad. "You guys come up with anything yet?" The two other girls shook their heads.

"We wanted to talk with you about it first so that we could come up with something together," Minsoo explained.

"So have we got any thoughts on how to go through with this yet?" Hyeji asked. Minsoo and Eunha shrugged, unsure of how to get out.

"Wait. What about the fence out back? Usually, we have to have supervision plus there's that pesky lock on the door but I'm sure Renjun could somehow figure it out and we'd be able to get out." Minsoo thought aloud.

Eunha wrote it down excitedly while Hyeji smiled, "that's a great plan, Minsoo!"

→ ♕

it is 7 in the morning and i have not slept yet cause i fell asleep at 10 last night and woke up at 3 👩🏽‍🦯