[ Chapter 28 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

That day you bid goodbye to the Commander and the Corporal. You knew the mission was important but you somehow felt.. off. You felt like something was going to happen, something really bad. And with a heavy heart you waved at the carriage that took off to the inner wall..

●●●

It's been a few days and the feeling never faded away. You and the rest of the remaining Survey Corps soldiers were ordered to sit and wait. Not only were you doing nothing, you also weren't allowed to wear the official uniform and the 3DMG. That concerned you. A lot. Of course, you still had your knife in your boot for safety measures, without it you would feel completely useless. You hated feeling useless, ever since you left the underground you have been on the edge, now, not so much. Relaxation was something you would never get accustomed to. Reiner, Bertholdt, Connie and Sasha however, weren't against relaxing for a bit but Reiner seemed wary of the situation.

You folded your arms over your chest, crossing your legs as you sat at a table in the temporary Survey Corps base. Different tables were placed in the room. Berthold at your right side and Connie on your left. You were pissed that day, you hadn't heard from Levi and Erwin, you weren't allowed to have your gear on, you couldn't sleep that well with the pounding headache you had and you had to borrow 'casual clothes' from Sasha, since she was the only one around your size. Roughly. Very roughly. The fact that her casual clothes mostly consisted of long skirts and blouses irritated you. She can whatever she wants, hell you don't even care. But you, never in the world would you put on a skirt. The slight breeze against your legs made you feel icky. Even though you looked like you wanted to strangle everyone on planet earth, Berthold complimented you sweetly. Not knowing how to respond you gave him a small nod which he appreciated.

You sighed loudly as you stared at the best buddies Reiner and Berthold who were playing chess right next to you. "How can you play a stupid boardgame for so long?". Reiner put his hand under his chin, placing one of his pawns closer to Berthold's pieces. "Well princess, the secret is patience, bet you've never heard of that" he said with a large grin directed towards you.

You almost growled at him, almost. You shot him a glare instead which made the buff blond male gulp slightly. "U-uhm [Y/N], he's just joking!" Berthold exclaimed nervously waving his arms around.

Connie placed his hand underneath his head, holding it up from the table. "Geez, remind me not to piss you off. I think you would give Captain a run for his money". Somehow, you felt a sense of pride from his statement.

Connie turned to look outside, his bored eyes focusing on the blue sky. Sasha did the same. "My village isn't far south of here, you know..." The boy with the buzz cut stated randomly. "My hometown is close by too.." The brown-haired girl replied.

"Damn. Why can't I go visit? Maybe I'll sneak out at night" Connie said. "They told me not to come back until I'm normal" Sasha mumbled.

"They told me I was too puny to be a soldier-" Connie stated before you butted in. "You still are brat" "Says the person who's shorter than me" He retaliated. "Anyways, was genius enough to be one, though. I was in our class' top ten. I'm gonna go make 'em eat their words" Connie said arrogantly. You scoffed, he was lucky enough to have a family. What you wouldn't do to see your dead mom again.