Revenge

I said I'd update in a month and then i didn't. 

Also apologies for everything thats conflicting in this story i keep forgetting things soo If you find anything wrong just let me know ill fix

T.W: literally everything else that happened so far, medical inaccuracies

Adora's POV

We stayed in the hug for what felt like forever. At least until we had both stopped crying. I was glad she was alive.

But...

Why would she have ever tried something like this? And why hadn't I seen the signs?

"Hey, Catra...why did you-" i was interrupted before i could finish my question. The nurses came rushing into the room and kindly but firmly told me to get out saying they had tests to run.

I obliged. As I sat at the waiting room chairs, I still couldn't stop wondering.

Why? 

Catra's POV

After Adora was ushered away from the room it felt colder, as if my own personal sun was gone and all that was left was the coldness of emptiness.

Maybe the pain meds were making me weird.

The nurses surrounded me, checking my temperature and blood pressure and some other stuff i didn't understand. After they were done, they changed my bandages and left me a glass of water. Then they left.

I thought that was the end of it until a doctor came in. He was dressed a little differently than the other doctors I'd seen here. He also felt calmer. He started up a conversation and I reluctantly responded.

We chat for a bit about random things until he told me the real reason he was here, and that was not unexpected honestly. It was fine, I felt comfortable enough to answer.

"Now Catra, I understand if you may not wanna answer this question and if you feel uncomfortable you can request to do this later or get a different doctor, but I'm legally required to ask you what happened as this seems too much like a suicide attempt."  (I don't know how this works just assume they're legally required to ask that after an overdose.)

I took a deep breath. And then I exhaled because my voice wasn't working. He seemed to sense my hesitance as he quickly repeated," You don't have to answer right now, I can give you today to rest and come back tomorrow?"

No, it was better to rip the bandaid in one go. My eyes found his and I said yes.

"...it was..."

His eyes seemed to sadden a bit at that but he didn't really seem surprised. "And your bruises?" he asked.

"...my mother..." i responded in a quiet voice. 

Everything happened quickly after that. A social worker was called and I was asked to explain everything that happened. I asked for Adora to be in the room as I explained because I didn't think I could tell everything twice, and also her presence was comforting. When I was done, I was informed that I would temporarily be put in the care of an appropriate guardian and that a lawsuit would be opened against mother.

Sure. I was too tired to think at that moment and I soon drifted into sleep.

Adora's POV

I... couldn't believe it. Mrs. Weaver, being an abusive mother. Actually fuck that, after being friends with Catra I could totally believe it, it explained so much.

Wow. Fuck her. And to think I believed her so much. She was a bastard. I sat on a chair next to Catra's bed, waiting for the assigned guardian while she was asleep.

When the assigned guardian came in, it was... Glimmer's mom. What.

"...Aren't you a coffeehouse owner?"

"No that's just a hobby"

"Ah, alright then"

Rich people.

Well I guess I had to wake Catra up.

I gently touched her shoulder and she opened her eyes.

We both stared at Angella in confusion as she explained that she was a social worker before she got married and was one of the few people the social workers trusted with "in risk cases" like Catra. (Again, probably inaccurate, i do not know this shit) As usual, I had to ask the obvious question. "Does Glimmer know?"

Angella turned to me and answered. "Glimmer isn't told anything other than the fact that Catra will stay with us for a bit, but considering that the few times this happened before, she befriended them and learned why they were there, I'd say she'll probably guess the reason why you're here.)

Soo, the bitch is fucked. Glimmer is the kinda person that befriends you after your first conversation if you prove yourself and I think Catra being my friend means she proved herself.

Unfortunately Glimmer is also the kind of person to commit crimes for their friend. And now she will know that someone hurt her friend.

I quickly relayed this to Catra who seemed not to care that much but also called Glimmer and made me sum up what had happened. She sounded very pissed but she was nice to Catra. After the hospital stay was over, Catra went home with Angella and we talked on the phone.

The court case was in a week. Catra chose to not testify, her first explanation was recorded on camera as per her request and her wounds at the time were documented. Glimmer assured us that Catra would win. As her current guardian Angella went to represent Catra.

In that week me and Bow went over to their house to hang out and spend time, Catra wasn't really allowed outside much, or alone, for her safety.

On the day of the case we were all gathered in their living-room. We tried to play board games but none of us could focus enough. Glimmer was angrily pacing through the room and Catra was huddled under blankets, being provided ice cream after ice cream by Bow who was trying and failing to act calm. I was checking my phone every minute while also trying to calm everyone down.

After what felt like hours, Angella came through the door, instead of calling like we expected.

"We won." It felt like we all collectively sighed from relief. "'20 years in jail for child abuse, and loss of all assets" she continued.

Honestly should have been a lifetime but okay. I could tell the hesitant relief in Catra's eyes. We decided to celebrate.

Catra's POV

We won. She was gone. I was finally free. We celebrated with non-alcoholic drinks and cake. I was happy to see Adora eating the cake. After we ate the cake Angella pulled me aside to inform me that I would also be attending mandatory therapy.

Fair.

I returned to the living room to see Adora coming out of the bathroom. She smiled when she saw me. I smiled back.

We won. Everything was good.

Really took "the best revenge is l̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d living well" to the heart huh? I'm sorry to anyone who wanted sw dead but uhh thats a whole another can of worms and also more things to write that i dont wanna bother with. one chapter left that will tie up loose ends i think, and it might have some light angst since i need to tie Adora's issues too. that wont really be bad tho.

Alternate ending(that i was originally also gonna write then decided not to bother) if you really wanted her to die: Glimmer contacts Lonnie who owes her a favor. Lonnie beats sw to death in an alleyway, painfully, and her body is eaten by rats. Felt like that would have been worse for catras mental state and also like, dark. 

as usual, written at 3am, might edit later probably will not. This chapter brought to you by my incredible method of passing long drives aka staying up late so that i sleep almost half the way. by long drive i mean like 8 hours i think?