FORTY-NINE

- Chapter Forty-Nine -
"Dr. Moony returns."

(A/N: Two Andrew gifs in a row

(A/N: Two Andrew gifs in a row. I'm a simp and I'm not afraid to admit it.)

"She's a killer queen, gunpowder and gelatine, dynamite with a laser beam, guaranteed to blow your mind." Elladora Hargreeves lay curled up in a ball holding a pillow to her chest on James Potter's bed singing along to the record that she had put in Sirius' player. "Anytime."

Her hair was tied back into a weird sort of ponytail-bun mix and it sprawled across the other pillow on the bed, her skin had turned from it's normal porcelain to a very pale ivory and her eyes drooped down with every word she spoke yet she couldn't bring herself to sleep. Her body shook with shivers even though it was decked in a long-sleeve top, the baggiest jumper she could find in the room and the baggiest pair of sweatpants along with the covers pulled over her.

That morning, she had come to the boy's dorm to tell them that she wouldn't be in classes today because she wasn't feeling well, which ended in her rushing into the nearest bathroom and puking into one of the toilets. Hands brought her hair back soon after she had started and it turned out that Ernie had made a return and held her hair back whilst she vomited into the bowl. The boys came in soon after and Sirius made an attempt with tying her hair back, though he'd never actually done it on someone else's hair before.

Elladora had only actually physically been sick once in her life. It was when her brother died, she took herself out into the forest behind the house and just had a walk, until she slipped in some mud, fell into a river and got a cold which lead to a cold which turned into a fever which then caused for a ten-year-old girl to be sobbing over a toilet for a whole week. Six years later, she's got another one.

The day before had been James' birthday, the 27th of March, and after he had been out to Hogsmeade with Lily through one of their passages, the group had a picnic out near the lake under a tree where Elladora ended up forcing the last bread roll out of Sirius' hands and taking it for herself. He had pouted and waited until she had finished her food before picking her up and running to the lake with her, dumping her in as the others just sat there and laughed.

Admittedly, she had also laughed and hugged Peter tightly in her wet clothes but then she wasn't a fan when she woke up with a fever and was now spending all day in the boys dorm shivering her arse off. They had greatly encouraged her to go to Madam Pomfrey but she argued that she'd had her fair share of visits to the Hospital Wing, when in reality she'd only been once but spent three weeks in there so that was enough.

She hated feeling weak. Of course she was and she knew that but she had her moments when she was headstrong and impulsive, but being seen as weak just encouraged more people to walk all over you and pity you. At first, the boys pity was unbearable, the way she would catch Remus staring at her with worry for more than five minutes and then turn back when she looked at him. But she's their friend now so she supposes that their pity wouldn't be so bad anymore as long as they still treated her like their friend and not some clueless baby.