𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

EP 48: Locks and Secrets.

_______________

"Shouldn't we really tell her first before the wedding?"

"For what? We will not gain anything from telling her the truth, Jaehwan."
Mrs. Shim sipped the tea on her cup and looked at her other half. They were currently on his office, While Jake is still with Haerin for his day off.

"It's been weeks? I think? What if something might happen?"
Jake's dad looked at his other half with a worried look on his face. His wife looked at him with blank expression painted on her eyes.

"And so? They are blindly in love with each other."
She sighed and stood up from her seat, walking towards the glass wall that lets her see the beautiful view of the Han River. "That's why first love sucks." She whispered to herself and turned to him. A certain something has captured her eyes on his table, making her walk towards his direction without uttering anything.

"You kept this huh..."
She took the photo frame and looked at the picture.

The two boys...

"We might end up with the worst case scenario if we will not tell her about this."

"We came here to see Jake but it seems like he's not here."
Sunoo and Sunghoon, who was holding a white envelope looked at Jake's parent as they opened the door. The two froze on their locations, looking at each other as if they are communicating through their eyes.

"How long have you been there?"

Mrs. Shim asked them. Sunghoon shrugged his shoulder.

"Long enough?"

He looked at the two with judgmental eyes, trying to decipher what they are thinking.

"The Jake right now...."
Sunoo whispered beneath his heavy sigh

"Has something hidden beneath the table, Am i right?"
His foxy eyes sternly glared at the two. 

The two sighed in defeat. There's no chance of escaping the topic. The secrets will reveal itself later on anyways. There's no point on keeping it.

"Can you perhaps tell us what we need to know?"
Sunghoon looked at the two with his vicious smirk.

_________

7:46 pm

"Do you remember this?"
Haerin looked at Jake with utter confusion. their tickets on their hands as they walk towards the cable car station.

After they visited her mom's grave and stayed there for a while, They decided to go to the Namsan Tower after they had their dinner. It was probably his plan, because everything is already reserved for them.

"What do you mean..?"
she looked at him. Jake just smiled at her.

"That time when you rejected my date and went with Jungwon, I was actually supposed to bring you here."
he said with disappointment.

'Ohh that's why...'

"Oh yeah I remember now.. Atleast we came here now right?"
Jake looked at her with a small pout.

"Can't you at least show a little bit of remorse after you actually dumped me?"

"Why would I? It's not like you already liked me that time. For sure, We will only gonna talk about business if we came here together."

The cable car finally arrived in front of them. Jake crossed his arms and walked towards the car without saying anything.

'As if i'm not really into you that time....tsss'

"Whatever.."
he hissed like a child. Haerin tilted her head and chuckled.

"Yah. Are you mad? "

"Yes."

"I know you're not. drop the act Jake. "
He looked at her and rolled his eyes.

"How can I even be mad at you?"
He took her hand and held it tight, the cable car finally went moving.

"You know Jake...."
Haerin sighed while looking at the view of Seoul from the window of the car. "It seems like things are really meant to be this way."
She smiled at her self, squeezing his hand a little.

"From that days when we were still children... up until now. It was really meant to be."
He stared at her eyes as she looked at the landscape of Seoul with happiness. He wasn't saying anything, fully captivated at her.

"If only that accident never happened..."
She turned towards Jake who quickly looked away. 

"I lost my memories of my mom and you because of that accident. It was way too horrible. And the one who did that is still on the loose."
Now her eyes were painted with sudden sadness. He can't help it but to look down.

"yeah...."
The cable car's door opened. Haerin stood up from her seat and pulled him.

"But that's already in the past. We should forget it already and start new memories. right?"

He bitterly smiled, Something that was meant a thousand word that he can't tell her.

"yeah. Let's go."
He said and walked towards the stairs of Namsan tower.

The two walked in silence, holding each other's hand while sightseeing.

"This place is really beautiful..."
Haerin's eyes wandered all through out the field of trees. 

Up until her eyes saw something.

"That's...."
She ran towards the direction of the locks, letting go of Jake's hand.

"There's way too many..."
Her eyes gleamed for a moment, adoring the locks on the railings. 

Jake walked towards her direction and smiled at her.

"Let's put ours?"
Haerin turned to him, He took out a heart shaped lock from his pocket and a marker. 

haerin smiled at her. 

"I didn't saw you buying this earlier. Perhaps you got this all ready huh?"
She smiled at him and took the lock.

"yeah. Since that time you rejected me."
She stopped writing their names and looked at Jake.

"What do you mean..."

"Nothing. Finish what you are doing now, Ms. Cha."
She tilted her head and smiled at him. She understood it very well.

"Now I'm feeling remorseful, I should have not rejected you that day."
Jake chuckled at her actions. after she finished writing their names on the lock, She kissed it and closed her eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."
She said and put the lock on the railings. 

"Now we're locked to each other."
She hugged him from the sides and sighed.

That's when she received a phone call from a registered number.

"Hello? Heeseung-hyung?"

"Are you with Jake right now?"

It wasn't Heeseung who answered.

Sunghoon.

_____________________

uh-oh...? I'm smelling trouble around the corner hshshshs finally gonna reveal what actually happened in the past later... 

Anyjays, here's the update! Have you installed Rhythm hive already? I've been playing it since earlier up until it went into maintenance. 

That's all for today's update! I might update again later but I still need to finish watching Run on so i might not. who knows? ksksksks