𝐕.𝐈𝐕

SCOTLAND

Darla watched as the train went past, revealing herself and Steve to Proxima, who instantly threw her spear at them without a second thought.

Steve didn't hesitate on catching the spear and taking a small step forward. He glanced towards Darla quickly, to make sure she was okay. Sam flew in and kicked Proxima, sending her flying through a pain of glass.

It felt weird for Darla to be back in her suit, but it still managed to fit like a glove. She sent blasts flying at Corvus, Steve threw the spear at Natasha, who caught it and rush to attacked Corvus.

Natasha managed to kick Corvus to the floor as Proxima took back her spear, just before she could stab Natasha, Steve grabbed Corvus' spear and blocked the hit.

Darla drained the power from the spear as Sam sent Proxima tumbling backwards into Corvus. Sam pulled out his guns as Darla created a small ball of electricity in her hands, ready to blast the two at a moments notice. Over the past two years, despite been in hiding, she practiced and learnt to control her powers better than she ever had before.

"Get up." Proxima snapped towards Corvus who was clutching his side.

"I can't." Corvus responded.

"We don't wanna kill you, but we will." Natasha spoke up.

"You'll never have the chance again." Proxima said as she tapped a button and flew back up to their ship, the spear that was in Steve's hand been taken with them.

Darla relaxed and allowed the small ball of electricity to be reabsorbed. The four all walked over to Wanda and Vision.

"Can you stand?" Sam questioned Vision as he and Wanda helped him stand up.

"Thank you, Captain." Vision nodded gratefully.

"Let's get you on the jet." Steve spoke up, his eyes flickering to Wanda.

~

"Now, I thought we had a deal." Natasha said as the jet took off. "Stay close, check in and don't take any chances."

"I'm sorry." Wanda whispered guilty. "We just wanted time."

"Where to Cap?" Sam questioned curiously.

"It's time." Darla looked up to the man, his hand rested on the small of her back. Steve seemed slightly hesitant at first but quickly said,

"Home." He placed a longing kiss on Darla's temple. Darla smiled and rested her head on the man's chest, closing his eyes and just enjoying the comfort that his touch brought her.

They hadn't been home in two years, and over the two years, the small group had become her second family. She loved and cared for each of them deeply. But going back home surly had its consequences.

Darla grabbed Steve's hand and pulled him away from the others, her mind was raving with endless thoughts and possibilities.

"What's going to change when we get home?" Darla questioned, cutting straight to the point.

"What?" Steve chuckled, not understanding what the girl was on about.

"What's going to change, Steve?" He watched as her bottom lip quivered slightly. "Are we going-"

"Baby," Steve cupped the girls cheeks, his thumb running along her cheek bones. "nothings going to change." He leant down and connected their lips for a brief second. "I promise." He rested his head against hers with a soft smile.

"What if they ask about Mateo?" Darla questioned, causing Steve to receive a small shock. It normally happened whenever anyone brought up the man, but he didn't say anything or even wince. He didn't want her to feel guilty for something she couldn't control.

"Then we will deal with that when the time comes." Steve whispered back. "Together." Darla nodded pulling away from Steve, her eyes flickering to Wanda. "Go talk to her."

Darla took a seat beside Wanda, placing her hand over hers and saying,

"You know that was dangerous, right?"

"I know." Wanda couldn't bare to look at the brunette, she felt so guilty, it had been weeks since she last called or spoke to her.

"What happened to checking in, Red?" Darla questioned, her voice raising slightly, but it was only because she cared for the girl.

"We just wanted some space to be ourselves-"

"Look, I'm not mad, I understand that you want space." Darla looked back at Steve, who was looking back at her with a smile. "But when we're in hiding you need to check in and answer my calls."

If it wasn't for Bruce Banner telling Steve that Vision was in trouble, they never would have known and both Wanda and Vision could have been taken or worse, killed.

"I'm sorry that I disappointed you." Wanda whispered. Darla tutted and pulled the girl into her side.

"You never disappointed me, Red, just worried me. So promise me that you will never do that again."

"I promise." Wanda nodded.