Winds and Time (Operator x Mostima)

"Still thinking about the time back then when we were kids? And

"Still thinking about the time back then when we were kids? And... do you still hate me? Well, it doesn't matter, I accept your cold treatment. But you know, the 'me' from before is a bit different from the 'me' who's in front of you. Simply put, I want to mend the scars between us. Start over again, and maybe... well... assure my own feelings from before..."

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

"Let me put it bluntly, I need you to lead a squad for this Contingency Contract."

The briefing room, where all Rhodes Island operations are discussed before their executions. From escorts to annihilations, all plans are stemmed from this very room in the entire landship. At this time, Kal'tsit was alone in the briefing room with Tempest discussing the upcoming contract he would have to clear along with other operators.

"It's already that season huh." Tempest comments while scanning the map layout of Chernobog's Deserted Factory. "What's the risk level?"

"Risk level thirty-one, a total of fifteen contracts with higher bounty rewards." Tempest winced at the difficulty of the operation. "Rest assured, it's not as hard as the first and the third CC. Operation Blade can be done with the operators we handpicked."

"Is that so. So who'll be with me?"

"Here." Kal'tsit hands him a folder.

Tempest receives it and peers inside to see a total of twelve operator files. Curious, he extracts the files and began scanning each one of them.

"We've balanced out their specialties with a strategy to counter the contract risks. All you have to do is to call out commands and deal with the enemies as well as their Reunion leader."

"Really..." Humming as he scans the files of his squadmates, he gives small remarks for each one. "Hm, so Saria and Phantom's here too."

As he continues to scan each file, he finally made it to the last one.

"...Mostima? Who's this?"

"She's Penguin Logistic's senior messenger. You can see her profile picture at the top right-"

*drop*

Before Kal'tsit could finish her sentence, Tempest had dropped the rest of the operator files on the table while plastering a very... bizarre expression.

"H-Her..."

His mouth was agape in shock, pupils shrank as his gaze was fixated on Mostima's profile. The shaking on his hand visibly seen by her, much to her surprise.

"....no." He murmured.

"Excuse me?"

"There's no way in hell I'm going to work with that woman!" He slams Mostima's operator file on the table, startling Kal'tsit. "Just let me pick someone else. Any other caster is fine, just.... not her!" His tone was direct and serious.