𝘅𝗶𝘅𝘅. chapter twenty nine.

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
xixx. CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.

 CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

A LONG WAY HOME.
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

           THREE MONTHS LATER.

           "How about tomorrow night?" Briar asked Sirius, quietly. They were curled up in the Room of Requirement again, talking. It was becoming rather exhausting for both of them, considering the only time they really got to spend together was at night. "I'm not busy."

           "Quidditch practice," Sirius replied, frowning. "Debbie asked for an extra practice session; she's still not confident about playing Slytherin next term and we break for Christmas in two days."

          Briar frowned, tightening the hand that was holding Sirius'. Debbie, as she was fondly called, was the new Gryffindor Keeper. She was a spunky fifth year, who talked loudly and enjoyed jokes and laughter just as much as the Marauders did. Admittedly, she was a little clumsy, which was why she needed the extra practice. "You've had practice almost every day this week."

         "I know. I can't help it. I'm exhausted too."

Briar looked up at Sirius, smiling when his grey eyes met hers. Although it was tiring, and a lot of effort, every moment that she spent with Sirius was worth it. It was almost odd how dependent she was on him. It had been four months since they'd started their relationship, but Briar still felt the same rush of adrenaline whenever he looked at her with those passionate grey eyes, or said something with his cheeky smile.

"Are you going home for Christmas?" Briar asked softly.

Sirius shrugged. "I suppose. I went to the Potters' last year and before that. Are you planning on staying? I don't mind keeping you company. Maybe we'll finally get to spend some time together."

Briar shook her head. The idea of spending Christmas at Hogwarts with Sirius was tempting, but it wasn't possible. "Mother wrote me to come home. It's the first letter I've received from her all year."

Sirius glanced down at Briar, and saw the she was staring sadly at the carpet. Briar hadn't spoken to her family in months, and although she tried to hide it, Sirius could see how much it was affecting her. She was used to getting letters and packages from home all the time. Now, it was as though her family had forgotten she existed. "Are you all right?"

Briar nodded. "I'm fine. I just miss them a little."

Sirius frowned, he couldn't understand why she still seemed to cling onto her parents. Briar rarely talked about them to him, mainly because she knew that he wouldn't understand. Sirius had left his family and never looked back. He bit his lip, and looked down at her. "Still? After everything?"