13.Kurono

I got out of bed, it was 5 which meant no one was awake. Yes, I have memerized evryone's sleep schedule. My heat hzd finished so, I went to take a bath.

After finishing showering and getting ready, I went to the common room to make some breakfast. I decided to make some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I then heated some water to lake some tea. I think I'll make some peach green tea today. I looked at the time, it was almost 7 which meant that overhaul was going to come here soon, then 1 hour later, the rest would arrive. I put the pancakes on two separate plates. I then put syrup and whipped cream on them both. I put orange slices, strawberries, and bananas on Overhaul's plate, then put strawberries, blackberries and raspberries on mine. I put them on a two seat table, because me and Overhaul usally eat together. As I was. Putting the tea on the table, Overhaul came in.

"Hi, Kai! Good morning!"

"Good morning , Hari. You feeling better today?"

"Yes, thank you."

Overhaul usally asked me this after my heat and I do the same after his rut. Though it is just a question, it's something we have asked each other after our heats/ ruts sense we were children. It was kind of lile a tradition, I guess.

Overhaul sat in his seat across from me as we began to eat. As we were eating, I could feel him looking at me. This usally meant that something was on his mind yet he didn't know if he should bring it up.

"What's on your mind?"

"What?"

"Kai, I've known you sense we were little, I know when you want to talk about something."

"It's about Eri."

"Really?"

"I did sime test to see how the properties of her blood reacts to different temperature. I couldn't find anything, but I wanted you to check it. You know I don't like talking about work while eating."

"I know. And you can't fool me, this isn't about work. What's on your mind?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"I thought there weren't secrets between us, are you keeping something from me?"

"Kai..."

"Answer the question."

"...Yes, I am."

"And how big of a secret is it?"

"Big."

"Does it effect me?"

"Yes."

"So why didn't you tell me?"

He knew. Of course he knew. The moment he thought something was off he'd check it out to find the answers. That's just how he was.

"Because I was scared..."

"Hari, could you tell me what happened, and please start from the beginning. I want to know why you felt like you couldn't tell me."

"After finding out that I was an omega, Boss wasn't happy. He told me that as long as I don't bother anyone or get in the way, I could stay. And I had done my best to make sure I didn't mess up."

"How did it happen? Tell me, I need to know."

"One day while I was in heat, you came in to my room while in rut, you probably weren't even aware of what was going on, and... well...Eri."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Boss had found out shortly after I did. I was 1 month pregnant at that time. He told me that after the baby was born, I'd give it to his daughter. If I didn't or if I told anyone, he'd fire me. Later he sent me on that 1 year mission to collect and find berries that are good for healing in the Amazon forest. I was there until my last month of pregnancy, where I stayed with boss's daughter until I gave birth. I then returned to the Amazon forest and did a bit more work for a few months, then returned."

"Why didn't you tell me after he was gone?"

"I was scared, Kai. I didn't know your view on all of this and didn't want you to know because I thought it would just add alot more stress and you already had a lot to stress about."

"Hari...Thank you for telling me. I wish you told me sooner though. "

I nodded, he held my hand and gave it a little squeeze before letting it go as we continued eating. What would this mean for us now?