CHAPTER 50

It has been months since Lyra's visit to the burrow, and Grimmuald Place, Regulus always convinced her to go their and at least talk to her Dad, but she didn't, you see a few months ago, when she last visited Grimmuald place, she and her father had another fight, no one expected the two would fight, for they got a long perfectly, for a long period of time, but boy were they wrong.

Sirius slipped the true nature why her mother died, and why he wasn't home often, back at the days.

Lyra had received Letters from the trio, the twins, Ginny, and Draco and the contents were all the same, they were all asking her to at least show up at Grimmuald place, but she didn't answer any of them.

Lyra thought of the day they fought and started to get angry again.

———

Lyra apparated back to America in such a hurry she was furious with her father, they fought again and Lyra couldn't handle him anymore, she ignored the fact that he said he wanted a son, but this was something Lyra should've known for years.

She overhead a conversation with Sirius, Remus, and the whole order, she heard the real reason why Her mother died.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lyra asked ones she was inside.

"It would affect you, your mother died from Dragon pox, and as a kid you were close to her I had to earn your trust before I tell you I had no choice!" Sirius shouted at her.

"Of course you have no choice, I hear that all the damn time Dad! Why didn't you tell me the truth when you had the chance? Why?" Lyra asked matching his anger.

"Because it would affect you!" Sirius shouted back.

"Oh c'mon I'm her daughter I should know that she died, two days after my second Birthday" Lyra said furiously they were the only ones left at the dinning room, Regulus and Remus were by the door listening to them.

"I'm your father and I know what's best for you, and I've been doing that for the past months" Sirius said, and Lyra chuckled dryly, "You think I don't know? You think I didn't hear you say, you'd rather have a son?" Lyra said looking him straight in the eye, and Sirius was shocked.

"So, the fact that you always leave me with Aunt Andy, and Uncle Ted, is because you didn't want to see me? Because I was an exact replica if Mum?" Lyra said, and Sirius felt himself nod at the question, Lyra scoffed, and gave him a glare.

"The charades over Dad, I'll be going" Lyra said apparating away before Sirius can even reply.

"I messed up didn't I?" Sirius asked again, Remus looked at him and sighed.

"You've gotten her angry a million times by now Pads, I think it's time for you to let her cool down" Remus said and Regulus agreed.

———

Now here we're here in the present. Lyra giving her customers fake smiles as they bought books at her bookshop, Regulus left her alone he didn't talk to her, but he would give her worried glances.

As the day ended, they started their routine Lyra would close the store, and Regulus would give her an encouraging smile.

But this time Regulus stayed and sat at a chair in front of Lyra.

"You can talk to me Dear, let it all out" Regulus said with a smile.

"I-I don't know Uncle Reg, I feel like we need to start the mission, Dumbledore sent me" Lyra said looking down, and got a piece of paper out of the drawer, she looked at it and gave it to Regulus.

You shall start your mission one's The locket of Slytherin is found.
-Dumbledore.

Regulus paled he knows he gave it to Kreacher, but as far as he knows Kreacher hid it, he'll let the house elf talk in the right time, but for now he needs ti accompany his niece.

"I'll stay for tonight" Regulus said with a smile, and for a months Lyra gave him a smile.

Before going to bed Regulus decided to write to Remus.

Lupin,

She's starting to cool of a bit, but does it really take this bloody long for her to cool down?

I think my brother had done enough damage to her, the girls fucking broken, and I have to say he needs to watch his words, And why didn't he tell her the real reason? Even this bothered me for months, I hope you get this letter.

-J.R.S.

Ones Regulus was done with the letter he tied it to an owl and let it fly freely, after that he went to bed still thinking about Dumbledore's note, the locket od Slytherin, the locket he tried to get back in the day, he succeeded, and now Kreacher has it.

———

Authors note;

Kind of a filler chapter, but now you know when the mission starts!

-WolfStar