♠ 34

"Where there's trust Manik, there's never ifs or buts.."

It's night

It's night. Manik moves to his room to see Nandini lying on the bed holding the monster toy in her hand and talking to it. She's so engrossed in her own world that she didn't realised Manik standing behind him to listen her talks.

"Yes, you are cute but I'm angry at you. Why you were with Ishita?" Nandini said holding the toy in her hands.

"Oh! So you are angry with me.." Manik said standing behind her. Nandini gets startled for a moment hearing Manik's voice.

"Manik.. You scared me. When you came inside?" Nandini asked.

Manik settles himself besides him. "When you were busy talking with this monster toy.."

"Now, tell me why are you angry at me? Just because I spend some time with Ishita..." Manik said.

"I'm not angry.. but I don't like it. But first tell what were you doing with her?" Nandini asked.

"Umm.. Actually Nandini, her father is coming to take her back and he has send.. a marriage proposal.. I mean he wants me to.. marry Ishita.." Manik said.

"And what you said?" Nandini asked.

"I can't deny their proposal Nandini.. He was my father's best friend. He had helped us a lot in our difficult times.. I wasn't able to deny her.. I did right na Nandini?" Manik asked.

"Yes..." Nandini said with a weak smile.

"Aren't you supposed to mad at me for marrying someone else?" Manik said.

"I am but you can't deny him na.." She said being upset.

Manik notices her sad face and hugs her from behind while sitting. "Aree, Nandini.. you get sad so easily. I was just kidding.. Nothing like that happened.. Actually, she's leaving from here to her palace, so that's why.. I just spend some time with her. I know she's strange but she's my friend right? So I was talking with her as she's leaving tomorrow.." Manik said.

Nandini pushes him and glares at him. "Manik! Again you teased me! Why you do so.. And what you said you will marry her, I'll chop off your hands and legs everything if you said marrying anyone else!"

Manik pulls her to himself by her waist. "Being possessive about me wildcat.."

"Yes I'm possessive.. You are only my monster and I won't give you to anyone ever.." Nandini said and moves back from him. "And I'm in a very bad mood Manik! How dare you say that.. I won't talk to you now..."

Nandini said and leaves the room. Manik sighs. Ofo Manik.. You said much this time. I have to do something.

After few minutes Nandini came back to the room and as soon as she enters inside, Manik starts sneezing. "Aachoo, aachoo.."