Chapter 35

Chapter 35

I sat at the top of the staircase, staring at the closed door of the dining room. An Order meeting was almost done, and if Sirius kept his promise, he would be addressing the Order about the possibility of me going to Hogwarts this year.

Remus had put in his thoughts, saying while he wasn't a huge fan of the idea he'd support it during the meeting, and I have to admit, I was grateful. Remus was usually the image of reason when it came to things like this, and people very rarely disagreed with him.

Lost in thought, I hadn't realized that the meeting had ended and people were starting to walk out until Sirius called my name, and looking up I saw him standing in the hallway with Remus and Kingsley, all of whom were having serious expression.

"Yeah?" I replied as I pulled myself up, walking down the stairs to join them. Kingsley gave me a small smile.

"We have a few things to discuss about you going back to Hogwarts- if you'll take a seat." He said, gesturing to the dining room table. Nodding, I walked in with the three of them, sitting down next to Remus and across from Sirius and Kingsley.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked, and Sirius bit his lips before speaking.

"The Order has agreed that going back to Hogwarts is your choice, though I suggest you steer clear of Molly for a bit- she wasn't too thrilled with the idea, and she'll probably want to speak with you later. If you are going back though you can't go under your current name. Kingsley, however, has agreed that he can probably get ahold of the list of magical children in your year and add a name to them."

I frowned slightly at that, switching my gaze from Sirius to Kingsley.

"Couldn't that loose you your job?" I asked, and Kingsley smiled at me.

"The witch who runs that department isn't a supporter of You-know-who. She'll be more than happy to help me get in and out fast enough."

"Are you sure? Because you getting caught would be very, very bad."

"I'm sure- it would be wise to have connections to the Order inside Hogwarts besides. If you're willing, of course." He said it with a casual tone, though by the way he was looking at me I knew there was really no way I could turn it down if I wanted to do this. It was to important to not be done.

"Yes- of course." I nodded quickly, and both Sirius and Remus smiled at me encouragingly, though both of them- Remus especially- looking mildly concerned as I continued, "But- how will communicate with the Order? They'll likely have all the fireplaces watched, and the owls."

"That we haven't figured out yet, though we're thinking of trying to find something the ministry wouldn't expect- muggle communication methods of some sort."

"Would that work in Hogwarts?"

"We're not sure." Remus sighed, looking grim. "We can only hope it does- if it not, I'm sure we'll find a way to work something out."

"We have people looking for backup options." Kingsley added, nodding once as if in confirmation with himself. I nodded with him, feeling slightly overwhelmed. Sirius must've caught onto to me, though as he looked over and smiled softly.

"I know we were all hesitant at first- Hell, I still am- but we've figured that if you're going back to Hogwarts we're going to go for it, a hundred percent."

"Leave no page unturned, so to speak." Remus agreed, and smiling weakly I spoke.

"I'm just worried, I mean- I'm not the most responsible person, I know that. I don't want to mess this up."