ch.4

alone

   i sat in the passenger's seat next to rick, who would glance over at me every now and then. my eyes never left the window as i watched the blue sky, mixed with the white clouds.

   my mind wondered about if my family was alive, and where i'd be able to find them if they were. the lonley thoughts were interrupted when morales started talking to me and rick.

   "best not to dwell on it, nobodys gonna be sad he didn't come back...except maybe daryl." morales stated, talking about merle who had been left on the rooftop.

   "daryl?" me and rick asked in unison, looking to morales for an answer, "his brother." morales mumbled, his voice sounding defeated.

    "jesus, there's another dixon?" i groaned, rolling my eyes as i through my head back. my actions causing the both of them to chuckle. out of nowhere, the same alarm that went off from earlier, rang again, making us all turn our heads to look in the rearview mirror.

   a smile appeared on my face, seeing glenn in a red sports car, speeding down the road. he was whooping and hollering, his face holding the biggest smile i've ever seen.

   "at least somebody's having a good day." morales stated, causing me to nod, "mhm"

   glenn had sped in front of us, making it to the camp before we could. when we did reach the camp, he was the first face i seen. he waved to me before turning around to talk to an unknown man.

   i smiled watching as the other got out of the truck, reuniting with their families. my mouth naturally let out a sigh, turning to where rick sat, also watching. "are you gonna get out?" i questioned, turning my body to face him.

   his head turned to look at me, almost letting out a chuckle, "are you?"

   i looked down, fiddling with my fingers as i thought about meeting the group, and living at this camp. "i don't know if i'm ready to be apart of this group, especially since they're already so close knit."

   i could see him nod from the corner of my eyes, turning his head to look at the red car in front of us, "yeah, me too. im glad we met, now i know im not alone." rick said, sending me a smile when i looked up.

   "me too. and about what i said back at the rooftop, i was frustrated and i didn't mean it." i apologized, giving him a sorry look. he nodded, "i understand... come on. im sure they want to meet us."

   "okay. lets do this." i smiled, swinging my door open, soon sliding off the seat. my dirty black doc martens hitting the ground. a sigh leaving my mouth as i walked around the truck, rejoining ricks side.

   "so how'd yall get out of there anyway?" an unknown guy questioned glenn, not realizing me and rick walking up, a little farther behind him. "new guys, they got us out." glenn responded, turning back around to face the unknown dude.

   "new guys?" he questioned, curiously looking towards glenn. morales pulled away from a short old guy, nodding his head, "yeah, crazy duo just got into town." he started, while pulling his family into a hug, "hey, troublemakers. come say hello." morales yelled to us, causing me to chuckle.

   "troublemakers, huh?" i asked, now walking closer to glenn. i glanced around the group, noticing everyone smiling at us, but one person. the unknown guy who was talking to glenn, looked like he had just seen a ghost.

   i stopped walking, realizing rick had stopped once he saw the man. "oh my god" rick breathed out, pointing towards a woman and a little boy. rick left my side, running to the little boy, who tackled him to the ground. "dad! dad!" the little boy screeched, causing my hand to fly up to my mouth, realizing it was ricks family.