Chapter 36 || One Eighty

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!!! ♥️

————

"What do you mean you're going with Kaden?" He snarls, dangerously. Okay, maybe he didn't take it in the best way possible.

"He asked me a few days ago," I explain. "When we weren't dating."

"Now we are. Cancel on him," Adrian demands. Um? Excuse me? He needs to calm down. I can't ditch Cabby.

"How about this, Peanut Butter and Jelly? I'll go with Kaden, and then join you during the party. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Right? Kaden's a friend, I can't cancel on him," I reason with him.

Adrian's left eye twitches, but he takes a deep breath. "Whatever," He grumbles before walking away. I scoff. Was he really going to do that right now?

"Adrian, stop being so fucking dramatic, it's not like I'll ditch you for him!" I shout angrily. He stops in his tracks, but doesn't turn around.

"You already have."

"Adrian, look at me. Don't be an ass about this. What do you need from me right now?" I feel my lips quiver with anger. How was I just supposed to know that he was going to ask me? How was I supposed to know that Adrian was going to be my boyfriend?

"I need you to cancel on Kaden."

"I can't do that. He's a friend! Do you want me to spell it out for you?"

"You can't be friends with him!" He shouts, finally turning around. I knew I'd seen him angry before, but this was a new level of anger even for him. "Men and women can't be friends. Just friends. And with Kaden... he's in the rival gang!"

"You can't tell me to break up my relationship with Kaden just because your ego doesn't allow it! I'm not a part of either gang so I can most certainly be friends with anyone."

"That's not how it works! You might not be part of the gangs, but Kaden and I are! We run them! You might see him as your friend, but he sees you as a ticket to get to me," Adrian irratetedly explains, raking his hands through his hair.

"Why the fuck does he want to get to you?!" I remember that Blake had said something about Cabby and Adrian having some unresolved issues, but were they that bad? I look right into Adrian's eyes, but they look cloudy and dark. He's no longer looking at me, but looking at the floor. "Tell me," I walk over to him, and lift his chin slightly so they're not looking at the floor anymore.

"You'd leave me."

"I'm here to stay, you dumbass. Tell me."

"You'll leave me." Insecurity flashes through his face, and he looks distant. He's not with me.

"I'm here to stay," I repeat. "I want to know more about you, Adrian. Everything about you."

"It was four years ago," He begins, his tone dark, afraid. "Kaden and I were friends. Good friends, not best. We were just messing around in town. Like normal teenage boys. Making fun of random people. Normal things."

"We walked into a store, to buy some shit. Like normal people who go to a store. When we walked out..." I hear his breath shudder.

"I don't know what happened. But someone began to shout that their store was robbed. In a flash, the police were there. The store manager accused me because I looked like I would steal it. I was darker than Kaden, I wasn't white. I was alarmed, so when the officer came at me, holding a gun at me, I ran for it." I notice his hands barely tremble, so take them in mine, providing him comfort.

"I ran even though I didn't do it. The officer chased after me with a gun pointed at me. I was fucking scared. There was a metal rod... right next to me. I didn't mean to... I swear. I was just... I was so fucking scared. I stabbed him. I killed him. He had a gun pointed at me!"

"I was seventeen, and I was fucking terrified. More officers came... I was arrested. I tossed in prison for an entire year. I had so many plans for my life, but it was all ruined. It was Kaden who was supposed to be there. Not me. Kaden had everything, he would have just gotten a slap on the wrist and it wouldn't have hurt him in the least. I had nothing. I never had anything. And he ruined my only chance for a better future."

"So when I got out... I took half of Arrow's mafia. And now Kaden wants it back. I'm worried that he's trying to get to me through me."

He reminded me of a broken puppy that had been kicked too many times. So the puppy turned into a ferocious wolf that wouldn't back down for anything. His hands are still slightly shaking, but I hold on tight. I'm not going to let go.

"I'm fucked up," He mumbles. "Are you going to leave me?"

"I'm here to stay, Adrian." He observes me like I'm the most precious thing on earth. "Those officers were racist fucks. Is that why you don't want anything to do with the police?" Was that why he didn't want me to tell the police? Because of what happened?

He nods, and I feel my heart break for him. He acted like he was okay. Like nothing affected him, but it did. Underneath all those magical, mesmerizing tattoos, there was a wounded boy. And no amount of magic could fix him.

"You're so strong," I tell him softly. "I'm proud of you."

I wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him tight. He hugs me back. Like always, I practically melt into his hug. It was just us right now. I feel him kiss the top of my hair, and my heart begins to race faster.

"Are you still going with Kaden? If you are, I'll try not to be jealous."

"I'll drive there with Kaden, but I'm spending the party with you. Does that make you happy, Adrian?"

"A little."

"Would you feel better if I brozone Kaden?"

"Yes."

"You got it dude," I chuckle. "Now kiss me."

"You got it... baby," He whispers the last part in my ear, and my entire system shuts down. Why is my heart not beating? Oh no, did I already have a heart attack? I was hoping- My thoughts are scattered away as he kisses me.

I wrap my legs around him and straddle him, kissing him back harder as if my life depends on it. His tongue reaches out into my lips, exploring my mouth as if it was new territory all over again.

With ease, he lifts my shirt off, tossing it into a corner and carrying me towards the bed. I lay on my back as I let out moan. His thumb, grazes the the side of my stomach, slightly pressing into it.

He slowly makes his way down to my jeans, unbuttoning them. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding as my jeans made their way to another corner of the room. His hands slide into my underwear, and I gasp.

"Should I keep going?" He asks, and I look up into his lustful emerald eyes.

"Yes," I nod, my eyes widening at the intensity of his gaze. He reaches out to unclip my bra, when my mind immediately does a 180. "Wait! I change my mind."

Bish whet?

"I need a cold shower." 

————

a/n: welp, idk what to say, i'm in English class writing a chapter. adlkajsd anywayyyy, i hope you liked this chapter!! 

what do we think about kaden now? (i still kinda think he's okay) 

adrian? 

thank you for reading! i love you!! ♥️