053 | keep your hands out of your pants

author note:

i'd like to thank fairyblue1132 for helping me out. she's a real lifesaver :)

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

that smile could end wars and cure cancer

SPRING ARRIVED, and with it, their graduation

SPRING ARRIVED, and with it, their graduation. Mizuki and the other third years were off to university. The volleyball team held a going-away party for them, memories and laughter shared along with heartfelt goodbyes.

"I'll still be here for a few months," she reassured, gently petting Hinata's head as he sobbed into her chest. "My university doesn't start until September."

He sniffled. "R-Really?"

"Mhm. I'll still be here to help out, and even when I leave, I'm only a phone call away."

A smile lit up his face at the thought at every thought of her and he felt at home in her arms.

Yet, Hinata's eyes ached with the weight of unshed tears. You are my home, do you not understand? I can't I don't want to do this without you.

Mizuki smiled softly, reaching down and pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "I'm still here, Shoyou," she said, gently pulling him closer, memorising his skin on hers, his touch, his smell, his presence. "I'll always be here." She pressed a finger to his chest, right over his shirt. "Always."

Stay with her entirely, dearest. Stay for her as you are.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Just as she said, Mizuki remained in Miyagi for the spring and summer. She stuck around to help Akira and Karasuno, offering training programmes and helping Yachi familiarise herself as the main manager.

Keishin and Takeda were glad the other boys as well to have some familiarity. She helped train the boys with their receives since Daichi and Asahi had been their foundation. She also helped the first years adjust and they couldn't help the awe and fear that seeped into their bodies at every glance in her direction.

"Why are you late?" asked Keishin, spotting the lavender-haired girl enter the gymnasium an hour later than usual.

"There was a technological malfunction that yielded an unforeseen surplus of unconsciousness."

Takeda blinked. "You overslept?"

"I...overslept."

The adults chuckled, shaking their heads as she ran a hand through her hair, looking towards the boys in the court, all of them dressed in their bibs with new numbers on them.