VI

╭──── ✩ ────╮
HEARTTHROB
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER SIX

LETTING MY FINGERS TRACE the edge of the crystal glass vial, I could practically feel the magic radiating off the potion inside— and seeping into the fibers of my fingertips. I was so entranced in the liquid I hadn't heard Professor Slughorn repeatedly call out my name.

"Ms.Grey! Is there something more important than learning the arts of potion making?" The professor questioned, making multiple gazes fall onto me.

Yeah, literally anything. Is what I would've said if I was begging for detention, but instead I kept my cool and simply replied with,

"no sorry professor."

"Good now back to what I was...."

I tuned out his monotone voice, wandering back into my own little world. picturing the perfect reality, imagining everything that could've gone right in my life. Ever since the whole 'you know she's my bestfriend' I've been trying to play it off as if nothing happened. Although that's a bit hard when the boy I'm practically in infatuated with friendzoned me— I was pulled out of my internal argument to the feeling of taps on my shoulder, pulling me from my thoughts and back into reality.

I turned my head to face the voice, sighing when my eyes landed on my potions partner, Severus "If you payed attention, maybe you would be good at potions.." his cool eerie voice whispered next to me, making an utter fit of rage swirl within me at the audacity of the moldy git.

I huffed audibly, before narrowing my eyes at him, "You have some real nerve Severus, Especially after your extraordinarily revolting name calling towards lily. You called called the girl a mudblood, and expected her to forgive you? Oh and not to mention your provoking me for what? How about you mind your damn business you absolute cockroach." I spat, smirking when I saw the bewildered expression that lingered on his face.

I leaned in close, nearly gagging at the thought of being this close to the git, "Insult Lily, myself; or any of my friends again Severus, and I'll make sure to tell the boys you're the sole victim of our pranks from here on out." I hissed, my voice brushed against his pale complexion before I pulled away, leaning back in my chair, only to hear snickers coming from behind me.

I quickly turned my head around to see Sirius and James attempting to control their utter joy at my standoff with Snape. With wide eyes and various 'did you see that!'s while they pointed in my direction. It was hilarious, the strained expression on their faces as they desperately tried to contain their giggles— only for them to spill out in wheezes when they saw Severus shocked expression.