059 | returning home

this is not your destruction.
this is your birth

"DON'T BE AFRAID, SHOYOU," came the mellifluous voice of the ex-volleyball analyser, her phone held to her ear, her other hand gripping the handle of one of her three suitcases

"DON'T BE AFRAID, SHOYOU," came the mellifluous voice of the ex-volleyball analyser, her phone held to her ear, her other hand gripping the handle of one of her three suitcases. "Look up at the stars."

Hinata did as instructed, glancing up at the night sky, spotting the various sparkles glowing luminously, taking their stage and performing a ballet for those watching them to view, finding strength in the midnight blue.

"Watch them twinkle and shine into the vast nothingness in hopes of illuminating the path for some lost wanderers such as you," Mizuki said, staring at the same night sky, standing right before the airport in Massuchests. "They are much greater than you could ever dream to be, yet they shine for you to follow. Trust in them."

Hinata took in a breath, feeling her heartbeat slowly calm down as Mizuki continued, "the wind is your life-long companion. On your moments of woe, fall silent and listen to its soothing whispers. Feel it run its gentle fingers through your hair and kiss your pink-tinted cheeks. Let it be your guide as you follow your star-lit path." Her descriptions went on, describing the rain in that ever so soothing tone. "The pouring rain will remind you that even omnipotent entities breakdown. Let the chilly water wash away your worries. Let the raging thunderstorm blare out harsh reality. May the forming rainbow bring glorious technicolour to your life."

"But it's not raining here," Shoyou pointed out, settled on the beach, the waves drifting up and down the shore lavishly, sneaking a peek at the humans above the sea.

"Then look for the trees. Watch how they bow to you, providing you with shade on your every turn. Listen to the life that lives upon it, and learn from them. The trees will always be there for you," she said. "Their leaves will perform a gentle dance for you, should you wish to rest beneath them. Let the trees be your home when you're afraid and lost."

"I'm on a beach, Mizuki-nee."

An airy chuckle floated through the call, and Hinata felt automatically at peace, his fears dissipating at the sound.

"You get what I mean, Shoyou."

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "I do."

"Just relax," Mizuki said, her liquid tranquil voice calming the rage of anxiety thundering inside him. "You'll be fine. Brazil may be foreign to you, but make it your home."

"How do I do that, though?" His voice was barely above a whisper.

"That takes time. And, my love, you have all the time in the world."

"I love you, Mizuki."

"I love you, too, Shoyou."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••