ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

It hadn't been a too busy week for Iris at work because not many people wanted to go karting in the wet january weather. But today a group of four would come so she was looking forward to doing something else than administration. Her dad had the day off so it was just her and her colleague Theo who she didn't really know. She didn't bother to talk to him because everytime she does so, he just answers her questions and doesn't keep up conversation.

She was happy to hear an unfamiliar voice which let her know that her guests had arrived. There was a boy walking towards the window she was standing behind, holding his phone at his ear but he stopped just a few feet away from her. After saying "You guys better be here by eleven o'clock or you can pay for yourselves" he hung op the phone.

Twenty minutes had passed so it was now a few minutes past eleven. Iris was loosing her patience so she shouted to the boy: "I think your friends are going to have to pay for themselves" to wich the boy laughed and he came closer. "Since you were planning on paying I firuge you're Lando Norris?" "The one and only." They both lauged. "I'm Iris by the way." "That's a beautiful name." "Thanks, it's Greek for rainbow." "Well, that makes it even better. I wish my name had a meaning behind it" Iris pulled out her phone to Google it. "Every name has a meaning and it looks like yours means long hill" Lando chuckled. "Still not as cool as rainbow"

After a few minites of talking Lando asked "Are you any good at karting?"to wich Iris sarcastically answered "No my dad owns a kartingplace but I've never been in one of these karts." "You know what I mean." "Yes I do but you'll have to find out yourself." Lando was intrigued. "Why don't you race against us?" "Sure, why not, but if I win you have to buy me ice cream." " Okay, but if I win you have to go on a date with me." Iris didn't let it show but secretly she was happy he suggested that. "Deal." As they were sealing the deal with a handshake, the boys came walking towards them and George shouted "Lando, stop hitting on every girl you meet man." "Haha very funny, but you're 30 minutes late, what the hell happened?" "Traffic is terrible mate, you should've told us" Charles answered. "I did but you guys just don't listen to me when I speak." "What did you say Lando?" Alex joked and Lando nudged at him. "So, are you ready to race or are you going to sit behind like a grandma?" They all laugh.

Iris asked how tall all of the boys are but George said "Don't worry about that, we've got everything except for helmets." Iris got them their helmets and a suit for herself. Iris was the last one to get changed so when she came out in a suit Alex asked "Are you going to race with us?" "Yes, is that a problem? Oh I get you're scared to lose from a girl." " Oh you're on." Alex responded and the boys laughed.

They agreed to start off with a qualifying lap so they got in their karts but didn't go on full pace yet, so Iris could still keep up with them. George finished first with Lando in second, Charles in third and Alex right behind him. Iris finished last but she didn't mind because she knew the circuit like the back of her hand and that showed during the race. She overtook Alex in turn one and not long after she had already overtaken Charles too. In the meantime George had a hard time keeping Lando behind him and by lap 2 Lando had overtaken him. The next few laps Iris only came closer to Lando but couldn't get past him. It was only in the last lap that Iris actually had a chance to overtake him but she didn't have much time, she managed to get next to him while crossing the finish. None of them were sure who won the race so they both looked at Iris' colleague with hopefull faces.

~~*~~

I hope you all liked the first chapter. This is my first actual story that people might actually read and my first one in english so if you find any grammar or spelling mistakes, don't be shy, just tell me. Also just so you know, I don't plan on ending every chapter with a cliffhanger