17

* Dazzline *

I couldn't help but notice how fake Gabriel's smile was when I asked him why he was in highschool instead of uni.

He was lying, no doubt about that.

I didn't feel like going back to class so I decided to play basketball.

I was walking to where the ball was when I suddenly felt someone cover my eyes with their palms.

Gabriel.

That was the first name that came to my mind.

"Gabriel, you came back" I chuckled.

"Seems the rumors are true" said a familiar male voice, without removing his hands from my eyes. "Too bad I'm not Gabriel"

"You know I'm not Tara, right? So remove your damn hands from my eyes Zephan!" I didn't mean to sound that harsh but I couldn't help it.

What gives him the right to just cover my eyes out of nowhere? It's not like we're friends or anything.

"Yeah I know you're not Tara" he replied, finally removing his hands. "And you didn't have to be so mean!"

"What do you want?" I snapped, sitting on a bench.

"Can't I say hi to a friend anymore?" He asked, pretending like he's hurt.

"Friends? Yeah right" I scoffed.

"You know how Tara would get if she sees us together" I added.

"Yeah I know" he replied, staring at the ball.

"What makes you think we are friends?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Being Tara's sister automatically makes you my friend" he replied.
I scoffed, again.

"Tara and I aren't even friends" I stated, matter-of-factly.

"Don't care" he replied nonchalantly.

"Why are you here anyways?" I asked.

"I forgot. Sor....Aha!" He exclaimed.

"To show you this!" He brought his phone out of his pocket.

He opened Messenger and then clicked on the school group chat.

"See" he said, showing me a picture.

There was a picture of Gabriel hugging me.

It was tagged as
'Dazzline Farrell and Gabriel Parvez in a relationship!'.

I burst into laughter. It was funny to me.

Gabriel and I in a relationship?! Ha!!

"It's not funny" Zephan said but he joined me in the laughter anyway.

"It's funny to me" I replied, still laughing. "Just imagine! Who could have thought it was soo obvious?!"

   "Soo obvious?" Zephan asked.

"Yeah! Gabriel and I are friends! That's the only relationship we have" I replied after I stopped laughing.

   "Ohhh" Zephan stared at his phone, thoughtfully. "Why don't you just tell everyone?"

   "Why should I? They can say all they want"

   "Have you seen the mean things they wrote about you?" He gave me his phone and I started reading all the replies.

   "Ahn Ahn! See dis small pikin dating someone old enough to be her brother!"

   "Wetin be ur own? Jus say you're jelly!🖕🏾".