24

The wedding was getting closer and closer. There were almost people coming over everyday for last minute preparations. It was the week before the wedding. The thought of it made my heart race. The hesitation that came with the thought, debating whether I should carry on with the plan or not.

'I finally get to marry the love of my life.' He looks into my eyes as he takes my hands into his. I smile back at him, not wanting to say anything.

I can't deny the fact that every time he looked into my eyes with any sort of love or compassion, I wanted to back out of the plan right then and there. I knew in the back of my head he didn't mean any of it, but what I didn't know was why. Why did he still want to marry me after everything?

The past few months leading up to the wedding, I started to become slightly distant as I was bringing myself to terms with who Sebastian really was. I'm sure he's noticed it but he's never brought it up. It's as if he wants to live a life, ignoring the flaws in our relationship. The cheating, the distance, the lack of time we've spent together. He chose to ignore it all. The occasional 'I love you' or 'I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you' started to just become meaningless words... It was all just one big act to him anyways.

'Is that them?' I change the subject as I point behind Sebastian. Since Sebastian's close cousins were coming from abroad, we offered to pick them up from the airport and drop them off to their hotels.

'Yep, it's them.' He smiles as he walks over towards them, taking them all in for a hug.

'I'm so happy to finally meet you!' His aunt greets me excitedly. I gulped nervously as I saw how happy his family were to see Sebastian getting married... While I was planning on how I would leave him.

She wraps her arms around me as I do the same back. I smile at his cousins over her shoulder as I walk over to them, one by one, giving them each a hug.

'Let's go.' Sebastian suggests, leading them out of the airport as I follow them close behind.

What was I thinking? How can I do this to him... To his family.

Guilt began to stir inside me. I try to shake it off for now, seeing as his family were around, but that didn't stop the thoughts from roaming around inside my head.

We eventually reached the hotel. Sebastian's cousins wanted to go out for lunch before heading up while his aunt went in first to get some rest.

'So how you feeling about the wedding?' Sebastian's cousin asks me as we all walk over to a restaurant nearby.

'Good.' I answer, not paying too much attention.

'Just good?' He laughs as he looks over to Sebastian. Now they were both watching me to see my next answer.

'I mean, I'm excited of course.' I begin to awkwardly laugh, since they were both staring at me.

'Ah, that's better.' He nods sarcastically. 'I almost thought you were having second thoughts for a sec.' He adds, trying to tease Sebastian with a nudge.

———

Almost a week has passed and it was the night before the wedding. I really had no choice but to spend the day with Sebastian, acting excited over the last minute checks and how our wedding would be tomorrow. The guilt still lingered in my mind. I think out of this whole week, today was the worst. Sebastian was a sweet man, yet so deceiving. It's what made this so hard. Because I didn't know which side was truly him.

'Baby, get some sleep. We got a long day tomorrow.' He smiles over at me from outside the room.

'Why aren't you coming to bed?' I ask, as I got into the bed myself.

'I have a few things to do for our big day. I'll get some sleep once I'm done.' He tells me as he walks out the room and shuts the door behind me. For some reason, I couldn't sleep. I was nervous, really nervous for tomorrow. I just wanted to run over to Emilio and forget all about this. Skip the 'revenge' I so badly wanted and just live my life as if the engagement never happened. But I couldn't do that, not with only hours away from the wedding. If I did decide last minute to not go along with the original plan, what was I gonna do? Skip my own wedding? Take a rain check? I committed myself to this and I was gonna pull through it, no matter what.

Almost an hour had passed by and Sebastian was still not in bed. Curiosity was really getting the best of me as I decided to check what he was doing for myself.

'Please, baby. Just don't come. I don't want you to see something like that.' He begs on the phone, trying to hide his words through small whispers.

'I know, and I do love you. I just... Please?' He pleads again. His hand was clenched on top of the table as he nervously sat back in his seat, paying full concentration onto the phone call. I was certain he was talking to April, begging her to not come to the wedding. I was just hoping she would be her usual self centred, annoyingly stubborn self and still come regardless of what he was telling her.

'No, wait. Baby-' He looks down at the phone as he takes the phone away from his ear. It seemed like she hung up on him.

'Fuck!' He banged down onto the table, clearly agitated by April's response. The parts of me that once hesitated at the idea of leaving Sebastian start to shatter. The image of his hands running over April's body came back into mind and I was now more certain than ever.

Tomorrow's going to be one fun day.

——————————————

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! Also follow my Instagram
(@ miraa.stories )