thirteen

SONG: LOST IN THE FIRE, GESAFFELSTEIN & THE WEEKND

"Aye what's up man" Elijah grins at me when I walk into the office, at the back of my club

I look up to him and nod not responding because I know he loves it when I do that.

"so. how was your day?" he asks me.

"fucking answer me." He slaps the stack the papers out of my hand.

"you dick, I was reading those." I look up to him.

"fucking respond to me, I don't like the one-person side of the conversation sometimes."

"aw is Elijah getting insecure" I coo him.

"you shouldn't be the one talking." He laughs as I slide my leg on the floor, knocking the weight off of that one and causing him to fall on the ground with a groan.

"should have seen that coming." He mumbles rubbing the back of his head when he gets up and laughs.

I take a seat in his chair and look at what he was doing.

"porn again? really Elijah?" I groan.

"I'm not watching porn?" he panics coming around to where I am and looking at the "sign-in" screen.

"you dick" he hits the back of my head as I grin.

"so, how's your side hoe?" he asks me as he sits on his desk.

"who's my side hoe?" I look at him, amused he's keeping track.

"the little one with the big tits that came to your club" he picks up the ice cream he was eating.

"you mean jo?" I ask him.

"jo? Like joe?" he asks.

"Josephine,"

"cute name." he smiles "she good in bed?" he asks.

"not sure," I tell him.

I'm not even sure if I would take her to bed? She was just a work partner?

"ill figure it out" he shrugs as he gets off of his desk, but I stop him.

"what do you mean?" I ask him.

"ill find out if she's good in bed" he smirks.

"hell, no you won't"

"why would you be jealous?" he pouts.

"no."

"fine ill just stick to kaiara" he rolls his eyes.

"you guys are really fucking?" I ask him, taking a bite of his ice cream.

"yeah man, your sisters hot."

"wait so if we came from the same parents, you're calling me hot too?" I smirk.

"oh, we all know how hot you are lucifer" he grins before we both laugh.

And that, is my best friend.

.....

"g- goodman, i-I mean good morning Mr, sir lucifer sir" some girl at the front desk stutters when I walk into my publishing building in the morning.

Winking at her before walking up to the elevator probably made her life.

I get up to my office floor and look to see Elijah and Josephine talking to each other.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask Elijah "and why are you so early." I turn to her.

"I was just getting to know this beautiful lady" Elijah smirks over to Josephine.

Even I haven't gotten to know her..

Whatever.

"anyways I've gotten run, kaiara è wakaiara è in attesa di questo..." (kaiara is waiting for this) he runs his hands down his body ask he walks away.

"cinque al magazzino, don't forget " (five at the warehouse) Elijah points to me before getting into the elevator, reminding me for later.

"oh, I won't forget" I open the door for us looking down at a very confused Josephine.

"you're very short," I tell her looking down at Josephine.

"I'm only 5'5 don't pick on me." She groans sitting down in her normal spot on the couch.

I should probably label it with her name she sits there so much.

I'm actually 6'3 the last time I checked?

"ready to work?" I ask her to sit down across from her.

"yep," she squeaks as I hold in my laugh.

Something I'm good at.

"What is that?" I ask her to point to her background on the computer.

"my background" she smiles, that smile.

"it's a fucking teddy bear."

"I think it's cute, do you not?" she asks me to turn to me and looking at me.

"you know what." I look back at her "I'm going to guess something, that you were a girl in loose dresses, had no friends, always read books, had perfect parents and their life together in high school." I tell her as it looks like she starts moving her hands quickly in and out of her pockets and around her clothes.

"what are you doing?" I ask her.

"I'm looking for the cameras!?" she exclaims as I let out a laugh, by accident.

"can I guess something about you?" she asks me to recover from her giggling fit.

"I guess." I finally answer.

"let's see, captain of the football team, hookups with all the girls, skipped class, had a motorcycle, big ego." she starts.

Fuck that hit hard.

"not exactly" I scratch the back of my head.

"oh, thank god, those people were the worst, bullying me for reading alone at lunch." she rolls her eyes.

Why would they bully her for that?

I mean, the same thing happened to me.