•13•

Lauren POV:
I make my way up the creaky stairs of the basement. I walked into my bathroom and gave myself a firm look in the mirror. What the hell am I doing? I kept repeating the same motto in my head. I love her, but she will never love me back. I kept my stare until I noticed my eyes started to glaze over. A single tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek. I can do better. I can be better.

Camila POV:
I sat alone in this cold basement floor counting the tiles on the wall in an attempt to distract myself. Suddenly, I heard footsteps growing closer to the basement stairs. I heard one step after the other slowly make their way down the wooden stairs. I braced myself against the cold cement wall and tried to calm my breathing. The door slowly began to creep open and Lauren appeared in the doorway. Saying I was scared was an understatement. I was petrified. I remained glue to the wall. She didn't say a word to me as she slowly walked over to me and knelt in front of me. Emotion? Was this emotion I saw in her eyes? Before I would quite figure out what she was feeling it was gone. Back to the stone hard glint in those emerald green eyes. Her hands reached out to mine and she undid my bindings. I gave her a questionable look. "I've decided to not punish you. Instead would you like to rejoin me upstairs?" My mind was racing for answers. As if this was some test and one wrong answer and I would fail. "Sure" is all that fumbled out of my mouth. She gripped my wrist and helped me to my feet. As she motioned for me to walk in front of her I did. We both made our way up those unsteady stairs back to the living room. We sat next to each other on the couch continuing to watch tv. For the first time in a long time I felt safe in that moment. Those walls she had up seemed to be slowly crumbling. I couldn't help but think that maybe Lauren isn't such a bad person. She kidnapped and tortured you of course she is! My mind kept contemplating Lauren. As if she could read my mind she looked over at me with that glistening smile of hers and a certain gleam in her eyes. I knew in that moment that there was some hope for the person who sat next to me. Hope that maybe just maybe she has some love inside that cold heart of hers.

Authors Note:
Finally a new update! What you guys think? I wanna know. Is Lauren finally letting her walls unfold for her love for Camila? I'm always open to suggestions for the next chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed! Love you all <3