27.

"Fine. I like her, okay? " Niall finally gave into his friends, his bloodshot eyes looking between his two friends. "But I don't know how to get her to not see me as a dick. She hates me." And it was true because at this very moment Ava was at home on Facetime with Lucy and Sophia ending her rant about how she wanted nothing to do with Niall after how horrible he was with her, right after she had gushed about how amazing Harry was to her. 

"Awwww little Nialler has a crushhhhh." Louis cooed. He already knew this but he wanted to hear Niall admit it himself. "Screw you Louis." Niall rolled his eyes, contemplating whether to throw his water bottle at Louis' head or not. He knew his friends would tease him which is why he instantly regretted telling them. But Zayn found the interaction hilarious, chocking as he exhaled smoke but a huge grin on his face. He loved seeing Niall all worked up over a girl he's known for only a month. 

"So I guess now's not the right time to tell you this but since you like her it's only right for me to tell you. If you're planning on getting her then you better hurry because don't get mad but," Zayn chuckled as he thought about all the drama that has unleashed and will keep unleashing over one girl just because Niall couldn't admit his feelings sooner.  "Ava came over today and I'm one hundred percent sure Harry tried to hook up with her as soon as I left." 

Zayn's words made Niall's blood boil and Louis cringed at the words knowing drama was about to unfold. "Unfucking believable. Harry is an even bigger player than me and we all know it. So why the fuck is it that the one time I actually like someone he makes himself seem as the complete fucking opposite?" All three of them knew that what Niall had just said was true. Harry was a huge player, the biggest one out of all of them so it was difficult for them to believe that his intentions were pure.  But he had managed to turn Ava's head with his charm, only after Niall had pushed her away by making her question his sincerity.   

"Okay, tell you what Niall." Louis spoke as Zayn passed him the joint. "I've always liked you two together since day one. You can just tell she's good for you, so I'm going to help you." 

"But if you fucking hurt her in any way then I'm done and we're going to have problems. You hear me Niall? I won't let you play with that girl's emotions." Louis had grown rather close to the girl and he felt the need to be protective over his friend. 

Louis passed the joint to Niall but he declined, he had enough for the night. Now he was only interested in knowing more. 

"So what do I do? How do I get her to-" 

"First you have to change. You won't earn her trust if you are still acting like an arse."  Louis smirked. 

~~~~~

The night from before replayed in Niall's head as he saw her standing in front of the classroom door. Niall thought she looked beautiful even in her tired state and he grew anxious knowing that he needed to speak to her, to apologize.  

 Ava was lost in thought as she watched the hallway began to clear of students quickly and that's when she felt Harry's lips press a soft unexpected kiss to the corner of her mouth. Niall glared at the two as he approached them, wondering how he hadn't originally noticed the curly freak standing next to her. 

"See you later." Harry smiled taking a step back.

Ava blushed at his actions but wasn't able to respond because a throat cleared behind her.

"Excuse me." He spoke, annoyed. His jaw clenched and his stomach tightened at the sight of the two together. Out of all days he chose today to be on time to class. And what a site to be met with first thing in the morning.