53 | dead zone

53 | dead zone

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Stupid!" The word leaves my mouth as I enter the hospital room. I'm tired of seeing these annoying ass lights and annoying ass bed and annoying ass machines.

If it were up to me, I don't want to see this place ever again.

But noooooo, Matteo just had to get stabbed and end up in the fucking hospital.

"I said no wounds!" I scream in frustration as I try not to push his chest in anger.

He sighs, "It wasn't a bullet."

"Oh yeah? And a knife is any different?" I ask, my mind imploding at all of this information. I'm sure if this were a cartoon, there would be smoke billowing out of my ears, but for now, I'll settle for heated cheeks and a racing heart, "You got stabbed, dumbass."

He rolls his eyes and looks down at where I assume the wound is hiding under his shirt.

My eyes widen as everything just hits me at once, "I got shot and you got stabbed all in the span of a month. What the fuck is wrong with us?"

Milo chuckles by the door of the room, only making me turn and narrow my eyes at him, "Don't get me started now."

His eyes widen as he holds his hands up in surrender, "What did I even do —"

"Don't." I deadpan, arching a menacing brow.

He clears his throat, "I'm going to go check on Milena." He points to his phone and walks away, leaving me and Matteo — who was staring at me and gnawing on his bottom lip.

I can't believe that worked.

"I can't believe you." I shake my head and sit on the bed beside him but facing him, "You drop out on me for three days and the next time I see your name on my phone is because your father is calling to tell me you got stabbed and you're in the hospital."

His hand rests on my knee and he rubs a circle into my jeans covered skin.

"I'm sorry. We were staying in a dead zone and I didn't know until I tried to call you." He sighs, brows furrowing as he seems to remember something that leaves a sour taste in his mouth. "You don't know how much I wanted to talk to you."

Taking my hand into his, he presses a kiss to my knuckle, making me exhale in relief — almost as if him doing that solidified that he's actually here in front of me. "I couldn't sleep without you, Teo. I tried, but I just... It didn't matter if I was wearing your shirt or sleeping on your side of the bed. It just didn't feel the same. I thought something happened to you."

He tilts his head, "Come here."

Following his instruction, I turn and lean back so I'm laying in his arms. He kisses my forehead, "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, princesa."

I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt the urge to sniffle, "Promise?"

He nods and kisses me again, "I promise."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"So what happened with Santiago?" I finally ask after we both woke up from a nap — one I'd been longing for for three days. I slept without interruptions or nightmares.

Matteo runs his hand down to rest on my ass, making me chuckle lightly. "We ran a set-up. We lured him into a warehouse, he saw me, shanked me trying to defend himself, and I beat his ass."

I furrow my brows and look up at him, "That's it?"

Matteo chuckles and winks, "No, but I doubt you want to hear all the details."

I sigh. He's right.

"Did you kill him, at least?"

This makes Matteo bust out laughing only to groan at the pain that spikes from his wound. He sobers up making me laugh along, "Te he corrompido bebe." I've corrupted you, baby.

I roll my eyes playfully and run my finger along his tattooed chest. He removed his shirt before we fell asleep, "Just curious." I glance up at him, "Just tell me this — is he gone?"

He nods and pecks my hairline, "He's gone, bebita."

Considering this is my first time roaming and fully examining his body in a couple of weeks, I'm confused at the sight of a newer looking tattoo right above his peck.

In the most beautiful calligraphy I've ever seen, the words inked on his skin read —

Mi princesa, mi reina, mi todo.

My princess, my queen, my everything.

"Matteo..." I trail off as I trace the letters with my nail. When I look up, he's already smiling down at me, "When did you get this?"

"A couple of days ago, before I left for Norway."

My eyes widen as I look back at it, "How did I not see it before?"

He shrugs, "You must've been more focused on other parts of my body."

I roll my eyes playfully and hit his shoulder, "And whose fault is that?"

"No sé, you're the one that's always jumping me." His tone is joking as he squeezes my ass and pulls me even closer to him, which I didn't even know was possible. "I get tattoos of things and people that hold meaning to me." He shows me his arm where the tattoos for his father's, mother's, and sister's names are inked, before averting his gaze down to the tattoo my eyes have been hooked to.

"You mean so much to me that I had to get it inked, princesa." He smiles, "Thank you for coming into my life when you did. Imagine — we would've been at two very different points in our lives if Roxanne hadn't sent you over here."

"Yeah, I'd still be at my lame job, and you'd still be sleeping with your agents." I joke, watching as Matteo bites his bottom lip to stifle his laugh, "But look at us now."

He kisses my lips and pulls back to meet my eyes, "Míranos ahora." Look at us now.

there's two chapters left after this 🌚🌚

also also, i did not feel like writing all that happened in norway so y'all get a lil summary instead :)))