The Slap

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 30

Yesterday's mysterious moment interrupter turned out to be Vanessa. As I asked for we actually wanted to do another dinner at the bonfire again. I believe Johnny and I just kind of lost track of time which is why his ex came up to ask for him to come down.

After I heard the door being closed I stood there in my spot just another quick minutes to make sure they were actually gone. Those minutes weren't quick at all but felt like an eternity to be honest. I used that bit of time to get dressed properly again. When I looked in the mirror to kind of get my hair to not look as messy as before I realized my cheeks were still tomato red. My heart also felt like it was beating inside my throat. I don't know if it was for us getting almost caught or still from the places Johnny's fingers were at only minutes ago.

I exhaled softly when I opened the door and peeked in the room to look for anyone to be in it. Which thankfully was no one. I stepped out of Johnny's bath and tip toed through his bedroom and to the door. This was probably going to be the hardest part.

If anyone would accidentally end up seeing me sneaking out of Johnny's room I'll be so dead. Not just me but Johnny too. I leaned my ear against the wooden door and tried listening to what might be going on outside on the floor. Either whoever person out there was extremely quiet or there simply wasn't anyone out there. I guessed I would just have to go for it.

I breathed deeply and pushed the door open. It must've been only two seconds, that's how fast I jumped out of the room and closed the door again. I went straight to Lily's and mine to wear something else so I'd have an excuse. As I wished Lily was nowhere to be seen. I thought she must be downstairs helping to set everything up. I pulled out a slightly longer summer dress out of my closet and threw it over myself dressed in underwear. The clothes I wore before I placed back in the closet.

I then went downstairs and into the kitchen where I found the four of them preparing the food. I took a look out of the window to discover that the fire was already burning. "Damn the hell were you at?" I heard Jack when he leaned backwards for a brief moment to look at me. He was preparing the meat, massaging spices into it.

"Upstairs. Changing." I slightly smiled and tugged a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear. I could feel Johnny's eyes on me and couldn't hold back my heart from starting to pound louder inside of me again. I didn't look at him though. I remembered where his hands were at. What his fingers did to me. Oh my. "Really? I didn't see you." Lily states. She was sitting on the table cutting veggies with her mother. I bit hard on my lip and sat down along with them. I quickly told her that I've been in the bathroom doing my makeup new.

"Why didn't you hear me then? I called out for you."

"Huh?"

"I called out your name, Liz. You didn't respond."

"I had earphones in and listened to music."

"Aha. I could swear they were on your nightstand..."

My eyes were glued to the tomato in front of Lily she abruptly cut into two slices. I didn't dare to look up. My cheeks were literally on fire and the kind of uncomfortable I felt was on a whole different level. Her tone kind of frightened me. She didn't look all too upset or something but I believe everyone could tell there was something odd.

To my liking she stopped asking and we went on with our dinner. That evening I didn't exchange one single look with Johnny, that's how afraid I was something could happen. Lily could be acting weird for any other reason, thinking that I ignored her or some shit but what if it was because she knew something..