꧁78꧂

Leta spent most of the bus and train rides back beside James, her head on his shoulder whisky his arm was wrapped around her waist. Leta was doing alright, occasionally she would cry so much that she felt sick and couldn't eat anything.

                                        ༒
It had been around a week since Leta, James and Euphemia got back from Poland and it so happened to be Christmas Day.

Leta had woken up early, around 4am, because that was the time she would wake up to jump on her sister's bed. There was no Minette this Christmas but there was a James.

She got up and pulled some fluffy socks on her cold feet before opening her door as quietly as she could and creeped over to the door. When she reached for the handle she noticed Sirius peering out of his room. "What are you doing up Sirius?" She asked the boy as he cane out from behind the door.

"I was planning on jumping on James's bed to wake him up." He answered as he got closer to James's door. "Me too. Want to do it at the same time?" She asked with a smile which made the boy nod.

Sirius then pushed open the door and jumped onto James's bed, bouncing on it to wake him up. "Wake up James! It's Christmas!" Leta shouted as James tried to sit up. "Come on Prongs!" Sirius added as he pushed a pillow into his face.

Leta tutted before getting off the bed and pulling on the pillow to take it off him. At first it didn't work until Sirius hopped down and grabbed onto another corner of the pillow and yanked it out of his hands which sent them flying backwards in the wardrobe.

                                    ༒
A pouting Leta and Sirius sat beside each other on the couch with a bag of frozen peas on their heads. James looked at them smug as he began to eye up the presents under the tree that they weren't allowed to open until Euphemia was sure they didn't have concussions.

Leta could hear ringing in her ears and it seemed like all the energy had been sucked out of her. Both of the teenagers had banging head aches which pounded loudly. After a couple of minutes Sirius was fine and was dismissed from the couch to the Christmas tree but Leta could still hear the ringing.

"We'll start opening the presents. James, pass Leta that silver one." Euphemia ordered, pointing her finger at a box in silent wrapping paper.

Leta was made to stay on the couch with a blanket over her legs. She noticed James's eager face so she opened slowly which pissed Sirius off because he wanted to open another present.

Once she got the wrapping off, she opened up a small box and inside was a small ring. It was a thin silver band and a bright red ruby, which was her birthstone. "I hope that isn't an engagement ring James." Fleamont teased as he leaned over to look at the ring which she slipped on her finger.

"No, not yet." James replied as he watched Sirius destroy the wrapping paper on a present of his. "Yet?" Leta asked in a questioning tone and an eyebrow raised which made his face go red.

"Here, have this one!" James shouted as he threw her another present he had gotten her. They all snickered at him as she pulled the box open. It was rather heavy and it surprised Euphemia that they were able to throw and catch it with ease but it must of been Quidditch.

She opened the box up and shouted, "Yes! Drown me in sweets." She ordered as she threw a handful of different sweets into the air and landed all over her.

They all chuckled at her as she collected them back up and inspected each packet. "Or some are muggle ones!" She exclaimed as she looked at a packet of Flying Saucers. "I did buy them." James's snarky remarks earned him a stern stare from Leta which made his squirm around.

"Have you ever had any muggles sweets?" Euphemia asked as she picked up a chocolate bar and cringed at the amount of sugar in it. Leta shook her head, her mouth full because she had already bit into a Mars bar. "Omg." She said as she fell back in the sofa and her eyes went to the back of her head.

"You have me hyped up now! Can I try some?" Sirius asked, his hands waving around in excitement. She nodded and handed him the chocolate bar. "Woah! Not all of it!" She shouted as she took it back, looking at the bar which was half gone.

                                       ༒
The pile of presents under the tree had disappeared and they all sat in the living room by the fire. James and Leta was cuddled under a blanket on the couch and Remus had came over so him and Sirius were sharing an armchair together which looked uncomfortable but they made it work.

"What does 'take out' mean?" James asked when he noticed a leaflet to a take out shop on the floor by the door. "Food." Remus stated as he flipped the page to his book. "A date." Sirius corrected.

"Murder." All the boys looked at Leta with furrowed eyebrows and concerned looks. "What? I was just correcting you." She shrugged which made them all roll their eyes.

"You know sometimes I'm scared of you." James whispered in her ear before planting a kiss on her cheek. "You should do. I am Leta the Mighty." This comment made James roll his eyes once more before squeezing her waist closer and placing another kiss on her temple which trailed down to her lips.