- 𝟏𝟑𝟎

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE ROLLED her eyes at negan's nickname for her. she swayed visenya on her hip, hoping that some movement would stop her fussing. the alexandrian guard was unsure of what to make of the interaction and whether to put a stop to it, but one shake of the head from the woman had changed their mind.

     "is this the first or second time i'm seeing this beautiful girl?" he questioned, putting his equipment down, extending his arms slightly, "may i?"

     rosa thought for a moment. daryl would certainly not approve, but he was busy at the moment. what harm would it do? hesitantly, she passed over the baby which squeaked in excitement, grabbing at the man's face, "just for a bit. maybe you can stop her cries. she's gotten bored of me." she joked.

     negan revealed those same pearly white teeth he used to always have. his dental hygiene had not suffered during his time inside the alexandria cell, "who could get bored of you, angel?"

     "maybe not you." rosaline responded, crossing her arms as she watched him coo at visenya, who seemed to enjoy the new encounter, squealing and grabbing at his hair.

     he let out a sharp inhale as she yanked his hair, "she's bright."

     "very." a smile crept up on her face, "so they finally let you out into the world?"

     negan sighed, "you got your little sister to thank for that, darling."

     "she's too good- and too smart."

     "that we know." he nodded, readjusting the baby in his arms and pointing up into the sky as a few robins darted past, trying to catch her attention.

     rosaline murmured something under her breath, "they probably would have had you killed if it weren't for her, if i'm honest."

     "you wouldn't run to my rescue like i did with you?" he implored, sticking his lip out to tease her, "perhaps we misjudged each other."

     "like you did with my dad?"

     silence. then, the man let out a single huff and a laugh, "yes. like your dad."

     with the conversation ending, gently negan gave visenya back to her mother, bidding her goodbye as the guard who was looking over him demanded that he get to work. quickly, rosaline decided to put the child back to sleep, just in time for some commotion to renew at the gate.

     rushing over and taking her spot next to daryl, a whisperer was standing there idly, "the north border now."

     michonne glared at the woman, unconvinced, "call off your walkers."

     "not us." she denied.

     "yeah right." daryl said, jerking his chin at her, full of doubt, "we got kids here, that seem familiar to you?"