Chapter 45: First Proper Date

When I reach the car park, I notice Jaxon's car parked sloppily by the elevators. Shit. Not caring, I park just as ridiculously next to him and quickly get out. I notice the floor numbers getting higher on the elevator screen, as Jaxon get's closer to Franco. 

Fuck it. Stairs it is. 

Now I'd be lying if I said running up those stairs was a piece of cake. I really haven't worked out in ages, If I had been, I probably would've gotten up them two times faster than I did. 

Which meant my unfit ass was the reason that by the time I got up there, Franco's door was wide open and Jaxon was on top of him throwing punches. 

Rushing over to them I manage to grab Jaxon's arm that was pulled back ready to throw another punch. 

"Jaxon that's enough!" I shout, holding onto his arm. He struggles against me but eventually gives up when he realises, I'm not letting go. Franco wiggles about underneath him trying to get free. There's blood all over his face. Great. 

Using all my strength I manage to pull Jaxon all the way back and shove him backwards onto the floor. He wastes no time getting back up, but I quickly put myself between him and Franco. I hold my arm out onto Jaxon's chest to keep him back, whilst using my other arm to help Franco up. 

"You've had your fun Jaxon, now that's enough." I say sternly narrowing my eyes at him. He just scoffs, a dangerous look on his face, "I'm only getting started."

"You're being ridiculous." I shake my head at him. "He put hands on you Alejandra, I'm not being ridiculous in the slightest. In fact, didn't you shoot someone for putting hands on your cousin?" He crosses his arms, as if he's just made a fair point. Which he hasn't, "That's nothing like this. Anita was bullying and threatening Gia, Franco hasn't done any of that to me." I defend. 

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot; he just sleeps with you doesn't he. My bad." He spits bitterly. Now it's my turn to scoff, "This doesn't have anything to do with today does it? You've just been waiting for a reason to get back at me for that." I just stare at him, "I understand it hurt you but we weren't together Jaxon. We need to get past this." I stress. If we're going to be together, he needs to get over it. 

"I don't care if we were together or not, he still touched what's mine. I'm not just going to let that go." He says firmly a determined look on his face. At this point, I'm really grateful that Franco hasn't said anything to make the situation worse. 

"Do you know what Jaxon. Fine. Have at it." I say as his eyes narrows at my turn around. "Beat him up. In fact kill him, go ahead." I say moving closer to him. "Just know that you're going to be the one to call my father and tell him what happened. You're going to explain to him why his daughter's bodyguard is dead." I say pointing at his chest. "Then you can watch as I'm dragged onto a plane and taken back to Italy. I'll be locked away and you'll never see me again." Then I step back, out of his way, "So if that's what you want, then go ahead." I gesture towards Franco, who's standing bent over a little, clutching his side. Poor guy. 

Jaxon just stares me down, "Well? What are you waiting for?" I question tauntingly. He then looks away, redirecting his glare at Franco. "You're lucky she's here." He says menacingly. It was enough to send shivers up my spine. God he can be really scary sometimes, even to me. 

"Let's go." Jaxon says turning to walk out. I just sigh and look over to Franco, "I'll send Theo over." I say before walking out after Jaxon. I would stay but that would just cause another argument. And I'm trying to avoid those at the moment. 

The elevator ride down to the parking garage was silent. After what felt like forever the doors opened to reveal both of our cars right in front of us. God, the lack of care we have when we're in a rush is mind-blowing.