a new chapter, right?

Ladybug opened her mouth for a moment as if she was about to say something while staring at Chat, but then looked down at Gabriel and decided not to. Chat dropped his lucky charm to the ground as his body froze. He knew he shouldn't try to justify with his father there, as if he said anything wrong he would expose himself.

"Let's go Cat Noir," Ladybug said attempting to sound as if nothing happened.

"Ok, I'll help you. One-second let me go get something," Chat said while he turned around to go to his room. Chat grabbed a fencing helmet from his closet to use to hide his father's identity. "Here M'lady," Chat said while running out of his room and handing the helmet to Ladybug.

"Good idea," Ladybug said while bending over to put the helmet on Gabriel while trying to keep him secured on the ground. "Okay, let's go," Ladybug said enthusiastically while gesturing Chat to come and help her.

"Okay, let's go," Chat said with a calm smile while helping Ladybug lift Gabriel off of the ground and securing Gabriel's hands with a couple zip ties behind his back. Ladybug opened the door to the Agreste mansion and they both put their arms under his arms to pick him up and bring him to the police department. Chat used his stick with his free arm to catapult them through the air to get to the police station quicker. Chat and Ladybug didn't say a word to each other during their journey, but Gabriel talked on and on about how this wasn't the end and he would be freed sooner or later to take their Miraculous's once and for all. Chat and Ladybug just laughed at him. Once they arrived they told the police that they had caught Hawkmoth, and that his identity needed to be classified, and that they needed to do everything they could to not let it get on the media. The police agreed to keep his identity as secret and excused them to leave. They felt hesitant to leave, but they knew they had to.

Chat opened the door for Ladybug as they left the police station and said, "M'lady, I hope you didn't get the wrong idea in there, I promise you Adrien only gave me the lucky charm for good luck."

"Okay, I believe you," Ladybug said as she went in for a hug, but pulled back hesitantly and said, "so what do we do now?"

"We can do anything, M'lady! We finally saved Paris!" Chat said smiling, but although he was overjoyed they finally caught Hawkmoth, he had lost his father, for real this time, and that was a pain that would not go away no matter what they did. Chat was unsure about everything, from where he would live to his future.

"What do you wanna do first! We could go to Australia, and go surfing, we don't have any responsibilities!" Ladybug said with enthusiasm looking at the world as if it was new. Suddenly it started pouring, and they both laughed looking up at the rain.

"One-second M'lady," Chat said running to the outside of the police station and grabbing an umbrella from a basket. At the top of the steps outside of the police station, Chat held out an umbrella to give to Ladybug, just like the first time with Marinette. She reached out to grab it, and as their hands reached out, she pulled hers back, and then hesitantly grabbed it from his hand. Then her eyes widened admiringly. Chat's heart started racing as he realized that she realized that he was Adrien, and although this thought was scary, he couldn't help but smile. He didn't want to hide it anymore, there was no need to!

"Adrien?" Ladybug said gazing at Chat. He could see all of the pure emotions she wasn't scared to show through her sky blue eyes. Chat didn't want to deny it, he didn't want to lie to her anymore, so without saying anything, Chat hugged Ladybug and then shamelessly pulled back and kissed her in the rain. He felt his cold fingers interlocking with hers as he pulled her closer, and heard her drop the umbrella as they kissed like it was the first time. He felt joy and warmth rush through his veins and he swore he could feel her heart beating at the same rhythm as his own.