30

Alice Avery

I instantly relaxed, my tense body became at ease. "He's awake?" I questioned for certainty in a shocked tone and Trent nodded at me. I stepped forward and I hugged Trent, I was just beyond relived that Link had woken up.

"What are those doctors doing in there?" Razzle asked as I moved away from Trent.

"Just checking that everything is normal with him I guess. They threw me out before I was told anything."

I walked over to the door and peered inside. Link was awake, sitting up with his eyes open. I let out and sigh and a smile formed on my face. I'm glad this was resolved, I knew Ricky would be too.

I took a few steps into the room and waiting for Link to notice me, I hadn't even thought of what his reaction would be once he saw me.

"You're welcome to come in ma'am," a nurse gestured me towards the bed and I hesitated before walking forward.

Once Link saw me he just watched me with a plain look in his face, it sorta creeped me out. I came to his left side and rested my hands on the edge and waited for him to have the first word.

He tilted his head at me, "do I know you?"

The tension was back, my face had fallen completely. I looked to the nurse who just shook her head and rolled her eyes, when facing Link again he had a funny grin on his face.

"You fucking bastard," I mumbled. "You just woke up from a coma and you're already fuckin' around."

"You missed me didn't you?"

"Don't get your hopes up," I joked harmlessly. His eyes shifted as Trent and Razzle walked in.

"You look like shit," Link said once he looked at Trent.

"Have you seen yourself?"

There was a huge elephant in the room that I knew none of us ever wanted to acknowledge. We all fell silent, you could hear a pin echo in the quiet.

"I'm sor-"

"It's not your fault Alice, you know that. He did it, not you." Link cut me off before I could apologize. I saw Trent shoot me a look from the corner of my eye. I guess now that Link was awake him and I would go back to how it used to be.

Trent let out a sigh, "alright both of you out, you aren't needed here."

I let my guard down, I wasn't in the mood for an argument. Link was finally up, that's all I needed.

"I'm glad you're awake," I told Link before Razzle and I walked out of the room.

"Where are you off to now?" Razzle asked me
once we got out to the parking lot.

"I have to see Ricky. I haven't seen in for almost a week and I just need to know for sure that he's okay." I explained, he nodded and smiled casually.

"You've got a heart of gold, you know that?"

I tossed my arms around him and he instantly hugged me back. Razzle was my mentor, like a father figure. "I needed that, thank you Raz."

He just stood there and held me for a few second, letting me know that he was always there when I was in need of comfort.

"I'll see you soon." I promised before leaving to walk back to my car.

I pulled out of the parking lot and began driving to Ricky's place just as the sun was beginning to go set. I've missed Ricky a lot, I missed the feeling he gave me when I was around him, I missed everything about him. Though he changed, this event changed him. It wasn't the idea of change that upset me, it was who he changed into. He acted as if he brought no good into the world, Ricky didn't deserve to feel that way.