Chapter 22: Twisted Persuasion

10 second rewind to Izuku getting "flattened" by the ice

"NO!!!!" Momo cried, right as she witnessed potentially her best friend get crushed by a large glacier. Bakugo's fisted clenched, feeling just as worried for his friend. Neither of the two, nor anyone else had any clue how Izuku would come back from that.

They watched precariously, wondering if their friend would be ok. Momo especially couldn't bear to watch. She covered her eyes and looked down towards the ground to avert her gaze as much as possible.

While she wasn't watching, Izuku, along with the massive block, rose up from the ground. The crowd erupted into a ginormous cheer that confused her. She looked back up, and saw that the ice had fell to the side, and that her crush was 100% unharmed.

"YES!!!" She yelled while sticking her arms straight up and redacting her previous statement. Jirou, Mina, and Toru, sitting near her, noticed her quick shift in emotions, as well as the intensity of said emotions towards Izuku. Mina pulled out her phone and immediately opened a document to take notes on her suspicious behavior, but not before creating a small group chat with the other two girls beside her to discuss the potential romantic events that could transpire.

Bakugo, although feeling the same sense of relief, didn't speak aloud to the event. He also felt a sense of chilling reality wash over him as he fathomed the true extent of Izuku's ungodly strength. He was aware of his speed... but being able to lift such large and dense material like nothing was just as terrifying. His body slumped forward, and he put his hands together.

'Izuku Midoriya... you're not gonna make winning this easy, are you?'

...

"Holy..." All Might started, as he watched from a special suite inside the upper ring of arena. He couldn't begin to fathom the power that his successor was showing, and this made him even more proud of his student. He knew that soon, Izuku would surpass even his own strength and become untouchable against any and all opponents.

The power the first year displayed was unheard of in the entire history of U.A., despite being right along side powerhouses like Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo. Izuku Midoriya was simply that much stronger, although...

Something odd was occurring on the battlefield. The two first years had appeared to reach some sort of stalemate in the fight. Neither had managed to gain an upper hand on the other, which raised questions. Izuku wasn't exerting nearly as much power as he did towards the beginning of the match!

All Might rubbed his forehead in concern, 'Young Midoriya, what are you planning?'

...

Another large wave of ice barrelled towards the demonic figure, which, like the others, was smashed to bits. Although some people might not have noticed, Izuku wasn't giving the fight his all. Not yet, at least. The primary goal to start out with was to get his opponent, the son of the #2 hero, to use his flames. Doing so would be to convince him that his ice was simply not enough to win the fight. 

Izuku didn't want to pull Todoroki's heartstrings, especially after that conversation he had with him. It was entirely understandable as to why he refused to use the fire he was born with. Growing up in such a perilous environment as he did was probably traumatizing to some degree, and there was a large and obvious sense of resentment being directed towards his father that didn't help the situation either.

"What are you going to do, Todoroki?!" Izuku yelled out, as he dodged yet another wave of ice, "This pointless back and forth fighting is getting us absolutely nowhere, and you know it!!"

The dual quirk user's face scrunched with the bitter realization that Izuku was correct in every sense of the word. His ice was utterly and totally useless in the fight. His opponent was far too strong.