Twenty Five

"we fall, we break, we fail

"we fall, we break, we fail. but then, we rise, we heal, we overcome."
---

Kayden and I walk inside the house, and I didn't think Kayden would come in, but I couldn't care less.

"Yea but I don't want to be alone," I said before getting out of his car.

I go to the kitchen and pour two glasses of water. I also take a pain reliever pill so that my stomach could calm down.

"How are you feeling?" Kayden asked.

I turned around and bring Kayden, who was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, his water.

"A little better. But I am just tired." I said before taking a sip of water. "Want to watch a movie?" I asked and Kayden shrugged his shoulders. It didn't seem like he was staying anything soon. I passed him and made my way upstairs. Once I get inside my room, I go towards my bed that had my laptop on it. "Have you ever watch Boyhood?" I asked Kayden who walked inside the room.

"What's Boyhood?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I scoot over so that he could come and sit next to me. "You are going to like it. Everyone likes this movie."

Kayden sighs and takes off his shoes before scooting next to me. I get comfortable in my corner of the bed and then start the movie.

Hopefully, I don't fall asleep because I like this movie a lot.

I remember my mom, dad, and I would always watch it in the living room.

It was my mom and I's favorite movie. We both obsess over the boy in the movie while my father would say that he was way hotter, and my mom would pretend to agree with him.

I smile while remembering that memory.

Sadly, I can't do that anymore with them because they are gone.

"You guys have your seatbelts on, right?" My father asked as he pulled out of Aunt Isabelle's house.

Jack and I both nodded our heads, and my dad took that as the sign to start driving. The music playing on the Bluetooth was soft and calm. It made me feel safe.

Tonight, dad and mom are going to take Jack and me to see the Hollywood sign. We have never seen it before, so I was super excited to go and see it.

I was about to not go through because my mom and I got into an argument about my choice of clothing because she said it was going to be cold out since winter is here. I rolled my eyes at her, and I didn't think that she saw but she did, and I got lectured.

But then Jack forced me to come.

I wasn't even wearing that bad of clothing. I was wearing black leggings with a white tank top and a grey oversized jacket. But my mom wanted me to change my shirt into a long sleeve.