Pretending to forget his birthday - Jeongin

Today was Jeongin's birthday and you had prepared a surprise party for him along with the other members. He had said before that he wanted to spend his birthday outside on a sunny day, so the spot where the guys were decorating was a park. It had benches and tables meant for picnics so it was perfect.

But the thing was, the members thought it would be fun to tease him a little, so they told you to act like you forgot his birthday while they prepared everything. You agreed and did your best to not mess up.

"Y/n! So, what do you want to do today~" Jeongin sits down next to you on the sofa and hugs you tightly, a bright smile displayed on his face.

"Hmm, I don't know. Let's just stay home like usual," you replied nonchalantly.

"What? But today's...."

"Sunday right? I'm pretty sure it's Sunday," you cut him off to make sure he doesn't remind you it's his birthday.

"Oh... yeah it's Sunday. But don't we have any plans? Maybe we could go somewhere fun?" Jeongin asks, hopeful eyes looking at you.

"Nah, I don't feel like it. But I am craving some ramen. Want some?" You get up and head to the kitchen, him trailing behind you like a lost puppy.

"Erm, I'm okay..."

"Alright, more for me then."

Not even 10 minutes pass until he clings onto you once again, back hugging you while resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Innie, you seem sad. What's wrong?" You innocently blink your eyes.

Jeongin sighs, keeping quiet and only wanting your warmth.

"It's nothing really... I just wanted to do something special today..."

You felt guilty when you saw how upset he looked, but you had to keep pretending since you know the members aren't done decorating yet.

[1 hour later]

Your phone buzzed and you immediately checked to see that Chan had sent you a message.

"Innie-ah! You said you wanted to have some fun right? Well I know a place we can go to!" You smile and take his hand, leading him as he trailed behind you in small steps

"But I thought you wanted to stay home...." he mumbled with no emotion, still thinking you forgot his birthday.

"I changed my mind. Just come with me okay?"

Jeongin nods his head and before you know it, you see the park in the distance.

"We're almost there, so let me just..." you cover his eyes with your hands which causes him to grow confused.

"Why won't you let me see?" He tries to take them off but you kept them on and giggled.

"It'll be more fun that way!" You simply said as you were now standing in front of the beautifully decorated park, the members waiting to greet Jeongin.

Chan held up three fingers and did a countdown. As his last finger went down, you removed your hands and all of you yelled,

"Surprise!! Happy birthday Jeongin-ah!!!"

He stood there with a surprised face and looked at you in shock.

"Of course I didn't forget baby bread~" you pinched his cheeks and he instantly smiled.

"I can't believe you did that! You're so mean y/n~" he whines, but deep down he was glad.

"Yah! We're still here you know. Come here and give your hyungs some love too!" Hyunjin opened his arms out and Jeongin rolled his eyes.

_____

"So, how was it? Was your birthday fun?" You leaned your head onto his shoulder and he happily nodded.

"Thanks for preparing so much. I couldn't have asked for anything better," he kissed your forehead which causes you to smile.

"You're old."

"Yah! I'm not old..."

"You're 20, you're basically an old man," you joke, laughing before he flicked your forehead. "Ow! That hurts!!"

"That's what you get for making me sad in the morning! I really thought you didn't know..."

"Don't worry, I'll always remember. Happy birthday Innie, I love you."

"I love you too," Jeongin says before connecting your lips.