chapter twenty eight

~Marley~

~Marley~

Her eyes opened unnaturally quick as a body shifted next to hers on the unfamiliar bed she found herself on.

She stayed still for a moment, her heartbeat quickening before she realized where she was. His room was still dark, the only light shining through the entirety of the room was the moon's dim glow as she replayed the night's events in her head. She blushed at the memory of their body's together, a small smile forming onto her face as she thought of how she ended up beside him in the first place.

She stumbled out of the shower quickly, cursing to herself when she slipped on the old towel Harry had placed on the ground as a bath mat. She grabbed herself a clean one, trying to dry herself off as fast as she could before Harry fell asleep, she couldn't think of anything worse in that moment than walking back into the room with him passed out as she tried to figure out where she was going to sleep.

She shivered at the chill that ran down her spine due the decrease in temperature from the steaming shower to the air conditioned bathroom, basking in it for a moment as she savorsed the feeling of the cool air on her skin, something she wished she could give to her brothers.

She looked around the bathroom, rolling her eyes as she remembered that Harry was going to be leaving her clothes on the floor outside of the room. She made her way over to the door, opening it slightly as she looked down, a feeling of annoyance running through her body when she saw the floor was free of clothes. She huffed lightly, securing the towel around her chest as she looked towards Harry's bedroom.

When she had gotten to his house earlier that evening, she noticed that there had been no cars in the driveway, praying silently to herself that had meant no one else had been home. So she rolled her eyes as she opened the door further, slowly making her way towards the bedroom door. She stopped for a moment, looking at a small picture that was hung up onto the hall. It was the only one that was lined up throughout the hall, causing her eyes to draw to it almost immediately.

There were three people in the picture, one that Marley instantly recognized as Harry from year four, his curls wild as his chubby cheeks held a dimpled that covanced deeply into the skin. She looked at the girl next to him, their hair and eyes the same but instead of having two dimpled carved into her cheeks she simply had one. Behind the two was a woman, her arms wrapped around the pair as she leaned down beside them. Harry had his arm hung around the back of her neck, a smile so wide present on his face Marley almost hadn't recognize it.

She heard a small sneeze coming from the room beside her, relief flooding her veins at the realization he had still been awake. She held the towel close to her body as she moved towards the room, her hair dripping down onto her back with each step she took.

"Hey," she said softly from the doorway, causing Harry to turn from his drawer with wide eyes as he scanned her body that was covered by a towel. "Umm, you didn't leave me any clothes."