Chapter 29: Eli 2.0

CHAPTER 29:
Third Person POV

A red, spiked hairdo captures the brunette's attention nearly immediately upon the blonde driver parking her car beside his in the lot. "Ready, kid?" The teen nods at her sort of life teacher's inquiry, following suit by opening the door and getting out of the car the second the blonde turns his back to her. She gulps down a deep inhalation from the fresh air, shutting her car door shut behind her. Her body jerks back at the revelation of her best friend's body standing right there. His arms wrap tightly around her wordlessly, leaving her no opportunity to object to the motion.

She melts into his arms, allowing her head to lean against the spot where his neck meets his shoulder. Her nose gently brushes against his adam's apple as she nuzzles further into his warmth and the simple accidental touch secretly drives him nuts. He tightens his arms even more around her shoulders and her arms raise to wrap up, across his back from beneath his arms so her hands rest against his shoulders. Her nails press against the muscle there as she holds him tighter to remind herself how real this actually is. "I'm glad you're okay." Eli whispers from atop her head where his chin rests.

"Thank you for caring." She breathes out, fanning across a small portion of his neck and the top surface of his chest. He says nothing in response in fear he'll ruin this moment.

The pair can't see their friends and teacher behind them, exchanging words and five dollar bills. Miguel and Sensei Lawrence share a look as Demetri passes each of them a five dollar bill. In all fairness, the red-haired teen had called him last night with joyous news of how the pair had made up and she'd laid across him like they used to do. Demetri had naturally assumed that if she knew Eli had tried to be the hero for once, she would at least spare a kiss to his cheek in gratitude. Sensei Lawrence and Miguel knew how stubborn she could be and how she most definitely would not allow herself to revert to that so soon.

Miguel and Johnny Lawrence shove the bills into their pockets the second Zelena steps back from Eli's arm with warmed cheeks. None of the trio turn away, instead observing the duo approach them by ambling shoulder to shoulder, their hands absently brushing with each step. "So who met you there?"

"I kind of almost thought it would be George. He's been trying to talk to me alone about something at school lately. But Robby showed up. Then Tory, then Kreese and his newest lap dog- or oldest- Mike Barnes." She lists, tilting her head back with a dry laugh. "God, I was stupid to think there wouldn't be some hidden agenda whether it be George or Robby." She notes the way everyone draws their eyes down their face when gentle fingertips run beneath her chin, turning her head to face them. She raises her eyebrow at the mohawked boy, "Can I help you?"

He inches his face forward, lowering his head with squinting eyes to inspect the rising discoloration around her jaw. "Who put their hands on you, Angel? I swear to god if it was Keene-" Zelena feels her warm cheeks heat further the second the nickname he'd used for her two previous times, rolls off his tongue affectionately.

"It wasn't. He actually stepped up in my defense." She tilts her head to the left, dropping it from Eli's fingertips and turning toward Miguel and Demetri. "It wasn't Tory either. It was Barnes. Some- how old is he Sensei?"

Johnny Lawrence glances towards the group of teens and shrugs, not caring to admit his own age to the group. "I don't know. Point was, he shouldn't have placed his hands on you in the first place." Zelena is momentarily taken aback by the anger in Johnny's tone and the small glimmer of fear in his eyes. Had he been afraid of me getting seriously hurt? She shakes the thought and decides to change the course of the topic.

"So what plan did you settle for?" Her arms cross over her chest, awaiting Miguel's answer which was most likely still undecided. Initially, everyone was supposed to meet up at the Diaz's household for a small get together, but then Carmen insisted on doing something a little more grand for Yaya after all the support she'd offered everyone through the brawls and fall. For everything in general. Due to her busy schedule, she'd left the planning up to Miguel which Zelena took upon herself to secretly make plans, knowing he wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do. Miguel sheepishly glances to the side, rubbing the back of his neck in an awkwardness. "Good."